1/72 Millennium Falcon

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
I need to rewatch but not sure C3PO was in the cockpit sitting in ''A New Hope" , he was in ''The Empire Strikes Back", but standing

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking real good Bri. I've got some of the Bandai Star Wars kits (not this one alas) and I'm extremely impressed with the amount of detail in the mouldings.

You probably already know, but some of the Bandai kits react really badly to enamel paints. I watched Phil Flory build an AT-ST some time ago, and the plastic literally crumbled into pieces.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
YES Bri i think R2D2 was on the ship AS HE HAD princess leia message about the death star to get to the rebels
chrisb
But as he cant be in the cockpit, and the rest of the inside cant be seen.... But as Jakko wrote, easy enough to make a rudimentary R2 in that scale out of the sprues.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Finished the mandibles.

View attachment 477953View attachment 477954

I must say this kit is addictive I woke at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep thinking about the falcon so I got up and did a bit......knackerd now though
LIKE ME Bri as if i had a problem on my big Tiger i was somtimes up at 3 am as could not sleep with the problem goin through my mind so the only answer is to get up an have a go at the model an yes i felt shattered later in the day after such an early get up an start but it made me happy if i solved the problem
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
There is no way you could put this together without glue I know it's supposed to snap together but some of the bits are real loose and others have gaps, I'm gluing everything with Tamiya extra thin :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nice. Quick as well was it 6 parsec. he did the run. (parsec is a measure of distance not time, by the way so the dropped the ball on that one).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming along nice. Quick as well was it 6 parsec. he did the run. (parsec is a measure of distance not time, by the way so the dropped the ball on that one).
anyone know HOW FAR A PARSEC IS as its a distance greater than a light year
i know that
chrisb

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A parsec is 3.26 light years - the distance light travels in a year.

In miles, that's roughly 3.26 x 6 000 000 000 000 = 19 560 000 000 000 miles

You don't want to be going that far to pick up that paint colour you forgot!