AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding work on the roof mate. Once weathered it will look the DB's. Its wonderful to see you produce such wonderful work

However I would like to share some of my ornithological expertise with you regarding your pigeon nest. Firstly as your dio is no doubt based somewhere in East Germany near the end of the war, it is natural to assume that the nest is representative of the Greater Lesser Spotted Furcarwee Pigeon. The Furcarwee pigeon's habitat was widespread amongst the yellow tall cornfields of Central Europe at this time. As November is rapidly approaching you will not need to model any eggs or Furcarwee pigeons as they would have migrated north now to SimonT's pidgeon loft. Here he will race t birds during t winter munths t get brass t cover overtime down t mine. ee by gum ecky thump - me whippets et me black pudding!

Secondly I see you have used Lincolnshire corn stalks (For those of you not familiar with technical farming terms, corn stalks are more commonly known as straw) to make the pigeon nest. However the straw from the Central European area are a lot more yellow in colour. In fact the Greater Lesser Spotted Furcarwee Pigeon can be seen regularly in the summer months, leaping up and down amongst the tall corn stalks shouting - Where the furcarwee??, Where the furcarwee?? Hence their name. However during harvest time Mr Dewire likes to walk along the fields refilling his mattress cover and pillow cases with fresh straw so he can use them on his mammoth travels across the continent. I am sure he can send you a proper sample of straw for your nest.

Finally whatever you do don't show the model to our friends in the Far East like Richard. As they will nick your nest and stick it in boiling water and make a nice soup from it

Other than that mate its turning into a masterpiece. Permission to carry on!:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2::smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Going the extra mile and some. Roof trusses look great and the corrugated sheets have turned out very well. With all that rolling practice I'll bet you make a mean apple pie!
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is getting industrial and scientific. Amazing model making John.
Thank you Peter.......... I see the posts following yours have taken a drop into madness, your being the last voice of sanity.:smiling3::smiling3:

Outstanding work on the roof mate. Once weathered it will look the DB's. Its wonderful to see you produce such wonderful work

However I would like to share some of my ornithological expertise with you regarding your pigeon nest. Firstly as your dio is no doubt based somewhere in East Germany near the end of the war, it is natural to assume that the nest is representative of the Greater Lesser Spotted Furcarwee Pigeon. The Furcarwee pigeon's habitat was widespread amongst the yellow tall cornfields of Central Europe at this time. As November is rapidly approaching you will not need to model any eggs or Furcarwee pigeons as they would have migrated north now to SimonT's pidgeon loft. Here he will race t birds during t winter munths t get brass t cover overtime down t mine. ee by gum ecky thump - me whippets et me black pudding!

Secondly I see you have used Lincolnshire corn stalks (For those of you not familiar with technical farming terms, corn stalks are more commonly known as straw) to make the pigeon nest. However the straw from the Central European area are a lot more yellow in colour. In fact the Greater Lesser Spotted Furcarwee Pigeon can be seen regularly in the summer months, leaping up and down amongst the tall corn stalks shouting - Where the furcarwee??, Where the furcarwee?? Hence their name. However during harvest time Mr Dewire likes to walk along the fields refilling his mattress cover and pillow cases with fresh straw so he can use them on his mammoth travels across the continent. I am sure he can send you a proper sample of straw for your nest.

Finally whatever you do don't show the model to our friends in the Far East like Richard. As they will nick your nest and stick it in boiling water and make a nice soup from it

Other than that mate its turning into a masterpiece. Permission to carry on!:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2::smiling:

Dear Mr Jones........ Thank you for your enlightening observation of the Northern Pigeon aka the Furcarwee. Had the bird concerned used the common Silver Birch ( Betula pendula ) twigs you would have had trouble seeing the nest. For this reason Allen Rocket Man Dewire had as you rightly suggest sent me some cornstalks from the Barley ( Hordeum vulgare ) plant which he gathered whilst on his travels The plant is as you know common throughout Europe.

I am concerned that our Far Eastern correspondent aka Richard sees this is sent into a frenzy. In order to calm him Iv'e sent him a packet of instant Noodles.
:smiling6::smiling6::smiling6::smiling6:

Steve,

I trust you are wearing your shirt with the long sleeves that matron gave you

Paul..........Steve is a lost soul, Matron has told me there is no cure, the men in white coats are on their way. :smiling2:

Hi John
Going the extra mile and some. Roof trusses look great and the corrugated sheets have turned out very well. With all that rolling practice I'll bet you make a mean apple pie!
Jim
Ah another voice of sanity........ Jim thank you. Yes not bad, but I use ......... shop bought, just roll it, easy, and seems as good.

Paul.......... Take two pills every hr.:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Well good evening.
And I though it was only Peter Day who had problems with replies, Steve that made me laugh out loud, thank you.
Today the light have turned up, what service, top rate, ordered 1 day ago. This is a quick post just to show you one light under the Sturm.
Not a perfect photo as I didn't set the tripod up so there is a little shake.

_MG_3891.JPG
There will of course be the two top roof mtd lights , but I was so thrilled with this.

Comments by all means.
John.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Thrilled indeed mate. Unbelievably realistic. Cant wait for the final reveal. You der man!:cool:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thrilled indeed mate. Unbelievably realistic. Cant wait for the final reveal. You der man!:cool:
Thanks mate :smiling::smiling2::smiling2:

John,
Even with the dodgy photo the effect looks great.
Paul ..... Cheers, when I do the real ones I will use the tripod and cable release.

Thanks guys for staying with this.
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No Prob brother John, really like the effect. Even with the shakes its the cat's whisker!
Cheers,
Rick H.

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John

Looking good - the roof lights will add a bit of contrast.

I see from the conversations = the rabble have been let loose with the contact adhesive again!!!!
Has matron lost control of the asylum again???? :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Paul.
:smiling2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The heavens opened up when I saw this and a loud voice reigned...Let there be light!

_mg_3891-jpg.317585

The heavens also opened up when I got this surprise...

1540453404675.jpeg More surprised the Furcarwee pidgeon taste like chicken....thanks John.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John you have certainly notched this up another level with the lighting, keep it coming.
Old Puffer Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No Prob brother John, really like the effect. Even with the shakes its the cat's whisker!
Cheers,
Rick H.
Thanks Rick:thumb2:
John

Looking good - the roof lights will add a bit of contrast.

I see from the conversations = the rabble have been let loose with the contact adhesive again!!!!
Has matron lost control of the asylum again???? :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

Paul.
:smiling2:
Think your right there Paul ! :smiling2::smiling2:

Thank you Darling.

:tongue-out3::smiling2:

The heavens opened up when I saw this and a loud voice reigned...Let there be light!

_mg_3891-jpg.317585

The heavens also opened up when I got this surprise...

View attachment 317603 More surprised the Furcarwee pidgeon taste like chicken....thanks John.

Cheers,
Richard
Nothing like a good laugh to set the day off , nice one Richard.:thumb2:
Hi John you have certainly notched this up another level with the lighting, keep it coming.
Old Puffer Pete.
Thanks mate.
Don't expect to get much done to day, as
having to sit about expecting some deliveries, and if you don't get to the door with in the regulation time of point : 5 of a minute they will have put the card through the door and gone !
Hope all of you have a good day, and Allen you are feeling better.
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John, that makes two of us away from the bench today I'm off to RAF Hendon, for RAF 100 Day, thought I'd have a look at the real thing instead of building them.
Old Puffer Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, that makes two of us away from the bench today I'm off to RAF Hendon, for RAF 100 Day, thought I'd have a look at the real thing instead of building them.
Old Puffer Pete.
Pete.
That should be a good day, hope the weather stays fine, here it blue skies .
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hiya John.
Late on parade me as usual.What a feast for the eyes i see before me.Absolutely outstanding creations lurk here.
Amazing work chum.
Richard

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Richard (rtfoe) I cant stop laughing at your reply! Priceless!!!!:smiling2::smiling3::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The lights already look good. You should be thrilled.
Jim