AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hiya John.
Late on parade me as usual.What a feast for the eyes i see before me.Absolutely outstanding creations lurk here.
Amazing work chum.
Richard
Thanks Richard..... That's very kind of you to say.
John
Hi John
The lights already look good. You should be thrilled.
Jim
.Cheers Jim...... Yes I'm thrilled, I had no idea how bright the 1.8 mm one under the Strum would be, or if the 2 x 3mm ones would too bright. Jennifer Smith the lady who runs JSMinitures has been so helpful, even sent an email to say she was putting a warm white for the 1.8 as lead lamps at the time must have had that soft yellow light. Couldn't rate her or the material high enough.
The total cost of the 3 lights ,cables to length, connection block, battery box c/w battery's and postage £10.50.
Wow - the lighting works brilliantly John.
Thanks Peter....... You just need a figure with a lamp ! :smiling: would look great.

Deliveries arrived ! Mind you I was ready to pounce, opened the door before the guy had chance to press the bell. Think I scared the :poop: out of him ! As he looked shocked, either that or I looked madder than normal .
So not much done apart from a couple of those large industrial lamp shades, the ones that Drew Pritchard seems to rave about.
Out with the pewter, made a former using a cooks measure, think it was a teaspoon. Seems about right, drilled a 4 mm hole in the centre, then cut from the outside into the centre hole. This
allowed the curve to form when pressed with thumb in to the pewter. A drop of CA sealed the join.
Then a good coat of MR Hobby metal primer, after having let it dry for a couple of hrs I went back tonight and primed with some white Vallejo. Going to have the insides that off white, and the outside a German green. Then its wiring time, glue or tape the wires to the frame. Don't know what would be best, any ideas please.
Once that is done it's the roof sheets, fixings, and the tarp.
Still a bit to do, but loving this.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening on this first day of the clocks going somewhere.
Today I finished the cabling on the frame, not easy as trying to get my fingers in between the frame to wrap some Tamiya tape around was fraught with concern for breaking the glue joints. the lead lamp went straight into place.Id glued some timber on to the base edge to give enough lift to get the cable in.
Still as none ot the cables will be seen its ok, not the neatest.

Yesterday I made some lamp shades from the pewter, drilled a 5mm hole in the centre of a marked square and then marked the outline of the lamp .Cutting into the center allowed the foil to bend into shape. Once primed with MRHobby metal , followed by normal primer, then green outside and off white inside.
Threading the cables was easy enough, except care had to be taken where the resistor was shrunk wrapped.
Frame now is UHU glued into place and the roofing sheeting can be fixed. Spent an hr last night making fixing from some rivet shanks.

IMG_3906.JPG
Lamp shades.

IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG
Genny in place and cable running to lead lamp. Out side of course because of the fumes, bad enough with the Beast in there._MG_3895.JPG
_MG_3896.JPG
_MG_3897.JPG
That's it.
Thanks for following and of course comments and tips more than welcome.

John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally awesome dudeie!! Dont forget the Furcarwee pigeon poo on top of the light shades:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Totally awesome dudeie!! Dont forget the Furcarwee pigeon poo on top of the light shades:smiling5::smiling3::smiling2:
Ah..that's a good point Steve. :hungry:
Simply in awe, with the lights now on its so awesome John....:thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks Fernando......Glad you approve.
John,
What can I say but bravo:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thank you Paul..that's very kind.

Thanks guys and to those who liked. Think the roof will take some time, esp as the fixings are so small, and nearly as many as one of Steve's Rivet collections.
John.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Blimey John electricals, chemistry and pigeon poo who could ask for anything more?

Wonderful stuff

John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Blimey John electricals, chemistry and pigeon poo who could ask for anything more?

Wonderful stuff

John
Thank you John:thumb2:
Think your barn one was the catalyst that started me thinking, then Steven did one with his WW1 Mortar.
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,
Very impressive! As I stated previously, definitely the feline's feeler gage.
Cheers Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Very impressive! As I stated previously, definitely the feline's feeler gage.
Cheers Rick H.
Thanks Rick........ :smiling:Very nice of you.
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW John what a wonderful atmosphere... the color of the light is really fantastic... very well done..

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The last two pictures look so realistic. With nothing in the background to say it's a model it looks like the real thing
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
The last two pictures look so realistic. With nothing in the background to say it's a model it looks like the real thing
Jim
Jim..... Thanks, with this one I feel I've arrived !
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Second revelation from the heavens or a double whammy with the lights...a dio and a lightbox. No star imoji's John so it's :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Dzohn. Allen, he can't, we traded our meds to the dudes in Ward 8 for some of their apple brandy to give you on visit day see'in youve been deprived lo these many years.
Patient #105
Ward 9

D

Daniel Horvath

Mister John just had a catch up with your project! Absolutely stunning love the lights the roofing! Great scene sir you definitely took this to the next level ! Very well done and you should be super proud and happy for this achievement! Best regards Danny

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
_mg_3895-jpg.317903
All it needs now is the manger with baby Jesus.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Having spent many hours working under & over cars in unlit/unheated garages by trouble light, your scene is very nostalgic. Top work Dzohn. PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Blimey Mr R:surprised:.....
This is turning out a proper job sir! I am seriously impressed with the lighting inside the building and the building itself is some impressive work, you should be very pleased with your effort!

My only very slight critique, if I’m may be so bold...the crewman bending over look to have a shiny bum....maybe needs a little matt varnish?:thinking::tongue-out3:

Yours
Seriously impressed
Sussex