Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane MK1

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The Stuka was a deadly and greatly feared weapon.It was only withdrawn from the Battle of Britain because it faced determined fighter opposition for the first time.It was very effective during the Blitzkreig of France and the Low Countries .Also against Russia and in the Mediterranean.If you build all the 1/24 Airfix kits I would beware of the Spitfire.A lot of the ones I've seen built have got the wing dihedral wrong.The wings look flat when viewed from the front.I haven't built one but it looks like it needs a bit of work to get the wings right.Peter Airfix's recent build is one of the better ones I've seen.
I will leave the spit until last dave as I'm not really a fan but the next one on the list is the 109 :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The mutts and the nuts spring to mind, looking good Alan

Lee :smiling3:

N

noble

Looking good so far Alan nice cockpit work, nice job on the gun bays and that fuselage is coming together very nicely, i'd say you have tamed this one.

scott

P

Polux

Looking perfect Alan.

I don't glued the wings on mine yet :oops: I will tell you how all goes!!

All the 1/24!!! Mate, I will be there following all them ;)

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
The Stuka was a deadly and greatly feared weapon.It was only withdrawn from the Battle of Britain because it faced determined fighter opposition for the first time.It was very effective during the Blitzkreig of France and the Low Countries .Also against Russia and in the Mediterranean.If you build all the 1/24 Airfix kits I would beware of the Spitfire.A lot of the ones I've seen built have got the wing dihedral wrong.The wings look flat when viewed from the front.I haven't built one but it looks like it needs a bit of work to get the wings right.Peter Airfix's recent build is one of the better ones I've seen.
\ said:
I have been looking at your problem with the twisted parts and my spit it probly because they use a softer plastic but as my hurricane was an early 70s kit the plastic was more ridgid.

Peter y

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
\ said:
I have been looking at your problem with the twisted parts and my spit it probly because they use a softer plastic but as my hurricane was an early 70s kit the plastic was more ridgid.

Peter y

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
\ said:

Peter t

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks fine to me so far Alan , and the cockpit,is great

and the wheel and gun bays done will look fab ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I have been looking at your problem with the twisted parts and my spit it probly because they use a softer plastic but as my hurricane was an early 70s kit the plastic was more ridgid.Peter t
Peter I thought the same with the hurry , i had to put the landing gear bay into hot water to get it into the proper shape so i know what you mean .

Thanks to everyone for enjoying this build I appreciate them :smiling3:

P

Polux

Wow! Wow!! :cool:

Looking very well painted and the lines are very visible.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Polux I'm pleased you like it , it took me an hour to pin wash the lines and another hour to dry rush out the overspill next up is the other side I'm just glad there isn't so many lines on that side :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You're doing nicely with this project Alan. The underside is well done .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is looking great Alan, real like it,very well done ;)

that color on i think the fuel,tank or what ever it is infront of the coakpit,is great,along with the ex,pips, :D

D

dubster72

10 days might be a long slog to you Alan - that's me barely getting the box open!

It's looking really good though, I think will take pride of place in your collection!