Airfix 1/24 Supermarine Spitfire MK VB

M

mobear

awesome progress,nice to learn of differing ways to straighten things,and nice paint job mate

P

Polux

Looking good Alan.

Ufff....now I was remembering my Stuka engine....the most complicated part of the plane! Nothing fited well :sad:

D

dubster72

This is very interesting Alan, I'd like to build one of these except I haven't the room for it!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice going Alan,finding this interesting, wish i had room for a couple big birds,:rolleyes:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Watching with interest as I have this kit also.Cracking start Alan keep it coming:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks glad to have you on board

Now this has been an experience! The fuselage is more twisted than Adolf hitler but at least with a bit of trimming the access panels should fitView attachment 94095

I started here as this was the worst point of the warp View attachment 94096

once completely dry I rubbed it down , as you can see there is still a seem showing but a bit of filler should sort that and if it don't I do have the air intake for the desert version I can put over it View attachment 94097

next I fitted the rear stabiliser without the wheel as it will have to be painted first and it just slips in so you can put it on later View attachment 94098

this shot shows how out of alignment the fuselage is , look at the support just behind the pilots seat is out of position
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

P

Polux

Wow! Seems you have been busy with this one :eek:

Looks good to me Alan ;)

Arfhhh....remain twenty days yet, to be allowed to start mine....this December will be very long :P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I was really getting into this and thought yeah I might actually get the wings done this evening and I've ran out of glue

That's just not cricket!

D

dubster72

It's a shame the fuse is so poor Alan, but I can see you'll sort it! Dunno if I'll try one of these now - that would drive me mad!

First Name
Dave
Looks like your having fun Alan.Cant wait to start mine (!).

M

Mike

Oh crap. If I check, my first post was in September, this is looking a bit beyond my developing skills!!

Wonder if it's too late to add a New Tool Tiffy to my Christmas Wish List...!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Oh crap. If I check, my first post was in September, this is looking a bit beyond my developing skills!!Wonder if it's too late to add a New Tool Tiffy to my Christmas Wish List...!
Mike you will be fine just do the fuse in stages using superglue like I've shown and it all falls into place as you go

It sounds like a real mission but once you start you'll wonder what all the fuss was about :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
New update : I've finished the fuselage and if you look down the long axis you will see the warp from nose to tail but it won't show sitting on a shelf View attachment 94240

started the underside wings and have fitted the landing gear as you can see these are functioning well we will see once the topside wings go on View attachment 94241

303's are in and I won't bother putting the 20mm cannons in as you won't see them View attachment 94243

now the instructions tell you to cut these out and if you want to see the guns in the wing I'd agree View attachment 94244

this is one that's been cut out and replaced with the bump section , it looks naff and will need filling View attachment 94245

I decided to put the piece I cut out back in as its a better fit and cut up and filled the tear drop View attachment 94246

as you can see all it needs is a bit of filler and a rub down , if your not showing the guns just cut the tear drop and put that where it should go it's easier View attachment 94247

wings now complete and some filling and sanding to do :smiling3: View attachment 94242

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

M

Mike

Crikey, it looks a monster! That said, I know it's large, but for the age of the kit, that's lovely rivet detail, that would come up quite nicely with a pencil or something to accentuate the detail.

I know you weathering masters are going to have a ball with this big bird in the SIG