Aliens: Hicks V Alien. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is a pair of Aliens figures that my son got and he wants me to tart them up and put them in a stetting.

First off Hicks has been weathered to show off the scuffs etc to armour and equipment, he has been around a bit has the old Corporal and his issue gear is a tad worn in places. The setting is going to be this wood frame with a small area that gives that claustrophobic feel. Pipework, panels, mesh and what ever I can get my hands on will make that up.

The Alien is too have drool etc dripping from its jaws...that's to come. These pics show the weathering to Hicks (may try and add some sweat glisten to his arms etc) and the wooden backdrop.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 77124

View attachment 77125

View attachment 77126

View attachment 77127

View attachment 77128

DSCF2435.JPG

DSCF2436.JPG

DSCF2437.JPG

DSCF2438.JPG

DSCF2439.JPG

First Name
Dave
Looks interesting.I love the Alien series of films.I think The second one,'Aliens',is my favourite.Watched it again last week.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
One of my all time fave films Si ! -"any questions?" -" How do I get out of this chicken s**t outfit?!" top film , looking forward to seeing this come together , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks interesting.I love the Alien series of films.I think The second one,'Aliens',is my favourite.Watched it again last week.
Agree Dave, the second for action through and through, first for atmosphere and setting the scene, the rest are okay...Prometheus...nice idea but crap.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
One of my all time fave films Si ! -"any questions?" -" How do I get out of this chicken s**t outfit?!" top film , looking forward to seeing this come together , cheers tony
Ta Tony, should be fairly easy...I hope, nothing flash as he hasn't the space but just something for the figures to go in.

Si..."It's a bug hunt."

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
1 brilliant , 2-even brillianter , 3 - getting predictable , 4 - stretching it , prometheus- dont know havent seen it yet! Like a lot of film series they didnt really know when to stop , shame really as the first 2 were iconic , tony

W

Willi262

\ said:
I loved that movie so much when I was younger that I saw it enough times to learn the lines of dialog. Soon I could recite the whole movie, without the script.

W

Willi262

\ said:
I personally met "Bishop" or Lance Henricksen. Got his autograph. Great guy, easy to talk to, not full of himself the way some hollywood types are. Actually, He is a bit full of himself, but not in an arrogant way. He just thinks that everyone else cares about his career as much as he does. Kinda like Bill Shatner.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Love the films and my favourite one is alien , aliens was a great sequel but it ruined the series in my opinion , it went from a horror film to action film so ruined it for me a bit , I got exactly what I wanted from Prometheus , everybody was expecting another alien film but I wanted to know more about the space jockey :smiling3:

This is a great idea Si I have various statics like this just sitting in a box and I'm wondering what to do with them

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I personally met "Bishop" or Lance Henricksen. Got his autograph. Great guy, easy to talk to, not full of himself the way some hollywood types are. Actually, He is a bit full of himself, but not in an arrogant way. He just thinks that everyone else cares about his career as much as he does. Kinda like Bill Shatner.
My mate met him at a Comicom or whatever they are called and got his autograph, as you say a really nice chap.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Love the films and my favourite one is alien , aliens was a great sequel but it ruined the series in my opinion , it went from a horror film to action film so ruined it for me a bit , I got exactly what I wanted from Prometheus , everybody was expecting another alien film but I wanted to know more about the space jockey :smiling3: This is a great idea Si I have various statics like this just sitting in a box and I'm wondering what to do with them
I must disagree with you on the second, it showed what they do especially when you have loads of people and how things get of hand very quickly. Besides, we are forgetting...the Marines were only there to get eaten and help Burke...the 'company' is to blame. I liked the idea for Prom, but thought it daft in the lackadaisical way the crew interacted and ran the ship, even for a company/civvy ship it was all half-assed. I hated the two berks that wandered all alone...I mean get real people, I know it was for the story line...but the script was crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
My mate met him at a Comicom or whatever they are called and got his autograph, as you say a really nice chap.Si:smiling3:
I've met him he was a really down to earth bloke and he is quite short in real life in aliens he looks like a six footer but I'd be surprised if he was over 5,5

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I've met him he was a really down to earth bloke and he is quite short in real life in aliens he looks like a six footer but I'd be surprised if he was over 5,5
Well he doesn't need to be tall being a Hyperdyne Systems Model 341-B. :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well he doesn't need to be tall being a Hyperdyne Systems Model 341-B. :D Si:smiling3:
:D Just thought Ash wasn't very tall either I wonder if Hyperdyne engineered them that way to make them look less imposing?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
:D Just thought Ash wasn't very tall either I wonder if Hyperdyne engineered them that way to make them look less imposing?
Yeah...nice thinking...could be mate, never thought of that.

Si:smiling3:..."I'm shocked, was it an older model?"

"Yeah, Alandine systems 120-A2."

"Well, that explains it then. The A2's always were a bit twitchy."

Sorry mate, couldn't resist.

W

Willi262

\ said:
Im 5'7" or 171cm tall, and taller than Lance...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Im 5'7" or 171cm tall, and taller than Lance...
I'm 5,9 and taller than you lol only kidding, he is a small chap and a very talented actor its a shame he's only ever played the supporting roles

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
loving the model so far si.....i just have no idea what the rest of the conversation is all about!
Don't worry Rob, it's Alien gobbly-gook :D

Ta Rob, hopefully I may also try and fit some LEDS.

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Prometheus...nice idea but crap.
Why don't you tell us what you really think, Si? ;) Have to agree with you though, and the original is still the best by far IMO.

What scale are the models? Pretty impressive facial features on the human.