Aliens: Hicks V Alien. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Why don't you tell us what you really think, Si? ;) Have to agree with you though, and the original is still the best by far IMO.What scale are the models? Pretty impressive facial features on the human.
Well, might as well be truthful Mike lol.

The figures are 7inch tall with good detailing.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks really good I love that battered M41A pulse riffle

what did you use for that sweat look ?

M

MPal

Lance was considered for the Annie role in The Terminator, what a different film that would have been.

Love the Alien films, and I love the noise the motion sensors make, and the auto turrets were pretty damn cool.

This will be good to see finished, when you can call it "game over man, game over!"

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That looks really good I love that battered M41A pulse rifflewhat did you use for that sweat look ?
Thanks mate, I figured that the Pulse rifle, although loved and serviced and cleaned would not be in 100% showroom condition, so handle wear, grip wear etc.

The sweat is my water effects, warmed up and then stippled on to created the look.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Lance was considered for the Annie role in The Terminator, what a different film that would have been.Love the Alien films, and I love the noise the motion sensors make, and the auto turrets were pretty damn cool.

This will be good to see finished, when you can call it "game over man, game over!"
I too liked the auto turrets, even the old laptops look good today as they look military hardware. The sensors where made from old drills IRC.

Hopefully I can do it justice and not make a mess of my lads figures.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,Not my genre but is coming out nicely.

Francesco
Thank you Francesco, appreciate you stopping by and commenting.

W

Willi262

\ said:
I'm 5,9 and taller than you lol only kidding, he is a small chap and a very talented actor its a shame he's only ever played the supporting roles
Lance has done a lot of horror movies and shows. But if those things aren't to your taste (they aren't really to mine), then it probably looks like he does less.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Not really mine sort of thing is horror it can't go anywhere but sometime I'll watch one but I've noticed lance does a lot of b movies

P

Polux

\ said:
loving the model so far si.....i just have no idea what the rest of the conversation is all about!
Me too...!!! :smiling3:

And I lost in translation :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

But the model looks so nice!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
UPDATE

After rearranging the panels etc in the structure I have come up with something that works and looks better. The back wall panels are old Megablox lengths that looked the part. The small portion of the wall has the bottom from a pack of Mr Kipling's Country Slices...and jolly nice they were too :D The floor are small foam tiles from a craft shop. The whole lot has had its grey primer coat, more to paint before weathering adding stuff etc. Also the Alien has had some gob-drool added, which has worked rather well. A pipework truss/walkway will be made and then damaged at the end so it looks like the Alien has burst down from above.

View attachment 77168

View attachment 77169

View attachment 77170

View attachment 77171

View attachment 77172

DSCF2451.JPG

DSCF2452.JPG

DSCF2453.JPG

DSCF2458.JPG

DSCF2469.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Me too...!!! :smiling3: And I lost in translation :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

But the model looks so nice!
Ta very much Polux, glad you like it so far. Just ignore us Alien fanatics lol.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks really cool mate, anyone fancy a bug hunt ! :smiling3:
Ta mate, last night I was all fired up and not really thinking straight in placing stuff etc...but I was ill in the night, I had a flare up, very painful hands, arms and legs. Managed to get down stairs and stayed there until after 3am. My wife got me back into bed, dosed up and didn't make a start on the interior until around 2ish. Hope tonight is better and that I haven't overdone it, the cold has gotten to me a bit.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mmm...I love this wall, Si!! Looks spot on mate ;)
Thank you Polux, cheap Megablox kit my son got many years ago...decided to keep it, as you do, it has worked really well. Glad you like it.

W

Willi262

But remember to factor in the "aliens have acid for blood" when arranging the splatter pattern. There should be a lot of little burn holes everywhere...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
But remember to factor in the "aliens have acid for blood" when arranging the splatter pattern. There should be a lot of little burn holes everywhere...
Aye Steve, got that covered, melting via heat, soldering iron and then dripping silicone painted in a nice chrome/black colour. Should work...I hope.