Aliens: Hicks V Alien. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yeah!!! Lovely rust effect Si ;)
Thanks Polux, it still shows up rather bright due to the flash of the camera but in reality it looks okay.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
What were yiu thinking when you dreampt up the idea of lights................oh yeah it was "this will look cool" and it does mate im very impressed now all we need is hicks the xeno and some pics in dim light to set the atmos and it will be fantastic :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
What were yiu thinking when you dreampt up the idea of lights................oh yeah it was "this will look cool" and it does mate im very impressed now all we need is hicks the xeno and some pics in dim light to set the atmos and it will be fantastic :smiling3:
Thanks Alan, the pics with lights on aren't the best but they give you the overall impression. I wanted the orange lights as they are like emergency lighting, just dim. Glad it worked okay, was a pain to do but I am glad I did it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That is cool mate akes all the hard work worth it i would love to see this in dim light to get that spooky feel from the leds :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Si....only one thing....You have nailed it, mate!!!!! ;)
Thanking you Polux, praise indeed. Really pleased you like it and for the big thumbs up!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That is cool mate akes all the hard work worth it i would love to see this in dim light to get that spooky feel from the leds :smiling3:
Ta mate, my camera won't do anything fancy so better piccies are limited with it. Will try and get some better ones for when it is completed.

First Name
Richard
WOW I am impressed, that is crazy, in a positive way, you know, really like it Si,

Nice touch with those lights, makes it way cool mate.

Cheers Richi

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Ta mate, my camera won't do anything fancy so better piccies are limited with it. Will try and get some better ones for when it is completed.Si:smiling3:
Mate take the photo when it starts to get dark around about 4,o'clock with no flash on , you will gets some great pics :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
WOW I am impressed, that is crazy, in a positive way, you know, really like it Si,Nice touch with those lights, makes it way cool mate.

Cheers Richi
Ta Richi, I have finished this now, well, calling it a day. There is a new thread in the completed section in Sci-Fi.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mate take the photo when it starts to get dark around about 4,o'clock with no flash on , you will gets some great pics :smiling3:
Yeah, have added some alien acid blood melts to the wall and are calling this done. A new thread has been made in the completed section.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I forgot to mention that the roof truss (with red LED) is a old plastic door handle. The lights are made from the covers of disposable razors with car-body aluminium mesh around them. I have also being messing using two-part epoxy from the likes of poundland etc, I mixed a bit and waited until it had just started to go warm-a few seconds before it starts to really go off and becomes useless to manipulate-this was added as molten metal from the alien's acid melting it-this was painted in a chrome colour and then the end of a toothpick/cocktail stick was used to prod the metal to give a uneven bubbling effect.