Aliens: Hicks V Alien. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Ta mate, last night I was all fired up and not really thinking straight in placing stuff etc...but I was ill in the night, I had a flare up, very painful hands, arms and legs. Managed to get down stairs and stayed there until after 3am. My wife got me back into bed, dosed up and didn't make a start on the interior until around 2ish. Hope tonight is better and that I haven't overdone it, the cold has gotten to me a bit.Si:smiling3:
Sorry to here that mate hope your better today :smiling3: I'm loving this and want to see more :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Sorry to here that mate hope your better today :smiling3: I'm loving this and want to see more :smiling3:
Thanks pal, struggling a bit this morning but hopefully will make a start on the pipework truss.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks pal, struggling a bit this morning but hopefully will make a start on the pipework truss.Si:smiling3:
Take it easy mate , this truss is it like a bunch of pipes running along the ceiling ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Take it easy mate , this truss is it like a bunch of pipes running along the ceiling ?
Yes, made two carries out of some old handles that will house the ali mesh, then pipework will be added, had to work out the size and height as I nearly forgot the size of the figures lol, there wouldn't have been enough space for them! That's the problem, getting carried away adding things and realise that the setting is useless for the intended figures... :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
It be raining :sad: Cannot do any spraying...looks like work is on hold for a while.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
UPDATE.

Not much due to the weather being iffy and chucking it down. Managed to start work on the pipework truss and cut the ali mesh for it. Painted and stippled the walls a more neutral colour. Added a silver pipe around the bottom edge, this my old AB hose that got broken.

And I couldn't resist in added the figures to see how it all looked. Loads to do, the walls to be cleaned up of over paint then weathered, pitted, rusted etc etc. Truss to fit, broken pipes, water effect flowing out of one of the pipes onto the Alien...well, just loads lol.

View attachment 77209

View attachment 77210

View attachment 77211

View attachment 77212

View attachment 77213

DSCF2471.JPG

DSCF2472.JPG

DSCF2474.JPG

DSCF2475.JPG

DSCF2478.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice mate rust is spot on , I hope you don't mind me saying but the wall is looking a bit new and shiny , I would put a bit of matt clear in some places to dull it down a it to give it a water stained effect

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Very nice mate rust is spot on , I hope you don't mind me saying but the wall is looking a bit new and shiny , I would put a bit of matt clear in some places to dull it down a it to give it a water stained effect
No worries, it is to have a dirty/grime wash as do the light walls. Still loads to do mate, wanna help? :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No worries, it is to have a dirty/grime wash as do the light walls. Still loads to do mate, wanna help? :D Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate I was worried you might have thought it was a critisium and I didn't mean it that way

It should look good with a bit of slate grey , it has a greenish look to it it might give a bit of a mould look , I did say might :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Hi Si,

just caught up with this one, and i must say i like it, love the weathering as in rust.

The idea of some gloss-paint or varnish is a good one, like to see how this turns out.

Cheers Richi

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,just caught up with this one, and i must say i like it, love the weathering as in rust.

The idea of some gloss-paint or varnish a good one like to see how this turns out.

Cheers Richi
Hi Richi, well, funny you should say that...I have just given it a couple of washes and sponges in a black/grey-green. Glad you like it mate.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that is spot on just the right amount of staining next to the rust to give that dank look

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Now that is spot on just the right amount of staining next to the rust to give that dank look
Thank you, with a light wash it just tone down the corners and add to it. Next is the pipework grid and the lights.

First Name
Richard
Yep, now thats what i am talking about;)

That's spot on keep it up Si

Cheers Richi

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yep, now thats what i am talking about;)That's spot on keep it up Si

Cheers Richi
Thanks Richi, hopefully going to do a bit more today and add some water to the base of the wall.