Andy's SBD-5 Dauntless Revell 1/48

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks very much guys,glad someone's still looking in :thumb2: ....
Anyway,I've moved on a little.. tittavated the motor somewhat and added tail wings,also the undercarriage is fixed in at the moment...
View attachment 484416
View attachment 484417
View attachment 484418
Some weathering to be done,and more tiny bits to be added to the wings, I'm looking forward to getting this one over the line now.Been good fun,but becoming a chore!! :flushed:
Cheers for now,
Andy
I get to that point in every build….usually gets better towards the end as I can see the end. The Avenger is really trying my patience at the moment. Every single fit has to be opened out as it’s too tight…..really slows the build down :disappointed2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, despite the poor pictures,I'm getting to the end of this one now :thumb2: ....
Got the decals on,small and large!!.. Also sealed it all with Semi gloss,so,it should be all completed tomorrow ;).. although I do have to do the open cockpit stuff with the MG too:cool:..
IMG_20230624_190114.jpg
IMG_20230624_190133.jpg
IMG20230624191758.jpg
IMG20230624191838.jpg
IMG20230624191902.jpg
So there it is.. crap pictures,and not great scenarios... But it's nearly done,and I'll get better pictures up when it's complete :cool:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Mighty fine job you 2 are dong, Mr Smiff!!! That is looking great with the decals on it too!!! I'm afraid I have to agree with your note under the post. I have also been seriously bitten by these damn wing thing machines......Is there a cure Andy???...Or are we just having a great time building them...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mighty fine job you 2 are dong, Mr Smiff!!! That is looking great with the decals on it too!!! I'm afraid I have to agree with your note under the post. I have also been seriously bitten by these damn wing thing machines......Is there a cure Andy???...Or are we just having a great time building them...

Prost
Allen
Thanks very much mate :thumb2: ..
.. as for the Wingy thing bug... As far as I'm concerned at the moment..
... There's no getting away from it ;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yup!!! I'm afraid you are so correct my friend!!! I just wish the heat wave here would subside so I can drive on at the table on my floaty bird...Best wishes to Rach and Cohan too. Hope all is well in uptown Devon!...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yup!!! I'm afraid you are so correct my friend!!! I just wish the heat wave here would subside so I can drive on at the table on my floaty bird...Best wishes to Rach and Cohan too. Hope all is well in uptown Devon!...

Prost
Allen
We're all good here thanks mate, although suffering in this horrible heat:tired:,
This plane should be be finished tomorrow. ... and then I'm going to sneak in a 110 before,and during, the up and coming Japanese Aircraft GB :cool:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats looking mighty fine andy , the USN three tone scheme always looks really nice , looking forward to the canopy unmasking , cheers tony

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks right from this angle too Mr. Smiff....now git the "bits" on this crate, it's on the Go list for the next mission! ;) :thumb2::thumb2:
Cheers Rick,"bits" are on, just gotta sort the canopy out this afternoon :smiling3:
Thats looking mighty fine andy , the USN three tone scheme always looks really nice , looking forward to the canopy unmasking , cheers tony
Thanks Tony,it is a nice scheme, however,2 in a row is enough for a while though... It was tricky to mask up ;)
Looking good to me.

Andy.
Cheers Andy,much appreciated :smiling3:
Love it Andy, it looks fantastic :thumb2:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, hopefully with all the other stuff on,and the wash rubbed back, it'll look the part. ;)
And the gray hairs are getting longer......and longer!!!...

Prost
Allen
.... and longer....and longer..... ;)
Rather splendid Dear Chap! Love the scheme!
Steve
Thanks old bean,kind of you to say so. :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Wow Andy, this is come on massively since i last looked in... and she's looking mighty fine indeed, that three tone scheme looks spot on mate... looking forward to the finished pics now... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow Andy, this is come on massively since i last looked in... and she's looking mighty fine indeed, that three tone scheme looks spot on mate... looking forward to the finished pics now... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thank you very much Chris, I'm pleased you like it....
... Watch on mind ;)....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then all you reprobates,(and you Rick ;) )....
Tis now "finished",....or as I class finished anyway!;)
... This has been a cracking little kit, despite it's age,and went together rather well,(apart from the canopy bits right at the end :tired:), anyway,I like this three part camo scheme, although as previously said,the masking was a bit tricky,so two builds in a row with it is enough for a while :nerd:, anyway, enough of my ramblings...
... ere be pics,(just a few indoor ones....too windy this evening for outdoor ones!)...
IMG20230627172055.jpg
IMG20230627172036.jpg
IMG20230627170706.jpg
IMG20230627170652.jpg

IMG20230627170902.jpg
IMG20230627170652.jpg
.... So there you go,all done now,2 done from me for Karl's GB.A big thanks to him for organising it... and I hope your family circumstances are improving mate :thumb2:
So,back to the kit, I'd certainly recommend it, for the money and quality it's a " must try" imho .
Thanks to all for looking in and your comments/thoughts along the way, cheers for now,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG20230627170902.jpg
    IMG20230627170902.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1