Andy's SBD-5 Dauntless Revell 1/48

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well done Andy, and absolute belter of a finish mate, I'd even go so far as to say 'your best wingy thingy yet'... take a bow young man.... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well, after 2 bottles of Grecian Hair Formula, it's finally done and we have pics, Mr Smiff!!! I do have to admit that you and Cohan have done a fabulous job on her and the finish is also quite nice. I take it you didn't have a figgie to show it's size for a comparison. Maybe a pic with the TB3 as a reference? Great build Andy!!!...See you in the land of the rising sun next month......................

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well done Andy, and absolute belter of a finish mate, I'd even go so far as to say 'your best wingy thingy yet'... take a bow young man.... :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Cheers Chris,very kind of you mate... "My Best Yet"?...:thinking:, quite possibly,but personally,i like my Boulton Paul Defiant the best:nerd:
Just bootyful Mr. Smiff!
Why thank you buddy,your comments are always muchly anticipated and appreciated:thumb2:
Love it! Nicely done mate!
Steve
Hey Steve,Cheers mate,glad you like it :cool:
Great result Andy :thumb2:
Thanks very much Andy:smiling4:
Superb build Andy.

Come on then? What's next on the list????
Thank you Doug,good of you to say so... "Next"?..... Well,i WAS going to squeeze in a cheeky 110,however,with the Japanese Aircraft GB looming this Saturday,i`ll ignore that temptation and do one of my 2 entries for that instead,(not letting on which one yet mind!!;)
Great stuff. That will compliment the Avenger nicely mate.
Cheers Tim,In those pics you can see several flaws,they are there,(obviously),but to the naked eye,they are much less offensive! The 2 planes do look quite nice together,i`ll try and take a couple of pics of the two together tomorrow:thumb2:
Well, after 2 bottles of Grecian Hair Formula, it's finally done and we have pics, Mr Smiff!!! I do have to admit that you and Cohan have done a fabulous job on her and the finish is also quite nice. I take it you didn't have a figgie to show it's size for a comparison. Maybe a pic with the TB3 as a reference? Great build Andy!!!...See you in the land of the rising sun next month......................

Prost
Allen
HA!! ... So my commission from Combe Incorporated is no longer going to be honoured eh?!!:tired: Thanks for the quality feedback Allen,I`ll do a figgie and Avenger picture shoot tomorrow...... Then,as you say,"See you in the Land of the rising Sun:thumb2:
Well Andy you've got to be happy with that. I'd call that a cracking result. Cockpit details are superb.
Hi Jim,I am,however,a few things i`d do differently on future kits;)
That's excellent Andy.
Pete
Cheers Pete,not up to your standard of course... but i`m learning all the time:thumb2:
That, Mr Smiff, is a VERY tidy build, sir, and one to be proud of!
Hello Neil,thanks very much Sir.... I am rather pleased:smiling4:
Very well done.
Cheers Paul,pleased you like it:thumb2:
Fantastic result Andy
HA!!.... VERY kind of you to say so mate,however,(after knowing your superb wingy builds recently),i think you`re being a little TOO kind;)......

ALL......,I`m rather overwhelmed by all of your great,and encouraging,comments!! This really has been a cracking kit,and i`m sure you proper wingy builders out there will make a much better fist of it than i have:thumb2:,but for now,in my little cabinet,it looks..... OK!!:thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's a cracker of an aircraft Andy.
One excellent, all round build.

Ron