B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

B

Bunkerbarge

You have the patience of a saint Trey. Thinning down resin enough to make it flexible is something I have never even considered and would probably drive me nuts.

Well done for taking it on and many thanks for the inspiration to us all!

T

treyzx10r

Michael Yes indeed it can take some time ,but its worth the end result! Thanks for the kind words

Allyne thank you kindly Sir!

Richard You're so right it is driving me nuts! I could think of no other way to make them fit nicely though . Really appreciate your high regards,thanks!

The seat assembly went together nicely.

Delicate work removing resin from the control yoke

The IP test fit looks good on the floor but not in the fuselage,going to be some filling and remaking stringer detail to make up the gap

The Pilot side wall detail parts are ill fitting and need a lot of careful sanding on both the fuselage interior and the resin part itself. I wound up trimming off the back section behind the O2 bottle mounts to get the final fit. The other side panels that go behind those do'nt fit at all and the starboard part is molded in reverse. If you flip it around so the detail wo'nt be seen you could get it to fit,as this is pointless they wo'nt be used . Here is the one side in place after a day long struggle of constant sanding test fitting and some rather colorful language.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work so far Trey, I just caught up with your cockpit work.

B

BigZimmo

Wow.....it's a really big project and a good work so far. I'm looking forward to the finished Fortress.

Greetings from the Black Forest

:redface:

T

treyzx10r

Joe,BigZimmo thanks for the kind words!

The IP is ready to instal and the interior sub assemblies are now painted

First Name
Dave
Some amazing work going on here.I assume this aircraft had lots of crew oxygen bottles mounted at various locations inside the fuselage like the B24?.Do you have these as resin parts to add?.If so,I was wondering what size they are in 1/48.Thinking of adding them when I get round to doing my B24D.I saw a build of a B24 in 1/72 in a magazine some years ago where the modeller used orange 'Tic Tac' sweets for the oxygen bottles..Looked very effective.

M

mobear

fantastic IP mate,and i just noticed its a B17 with chin gun lol `doh me`

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a serious IP Trey. You must have eyes like a mole after painting that lot!

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Dave thank you,yes it has resin O2 bottles that came with the upgrade goodies. I'll be mounting the bigger ones in the Pilot station soon so I'll post up the pics then so you can get an idea of the size. I like the tic-tac trick thats innovative modelling there for sure ;)

Ole thanks,its all good I miss stuff like that as well .

Ian ,Joe thank you both kindly. I've got to be honest as Eduard did most of the tiny detail painting for me I ca'nt take all the credit!

S

Sky Raider

Looking great Trey. Will be a beuty when you have done your thing on her.

Andy

B

Buttonman

Coming along nicely trey buddy hope conner is helping?

Martin

W

Waffen Bucks

Build looks really good. It's all about the detail...

D

Danny

Amazing skills Trey...your eyes must be sniper class as Im having difficulty seeing the small details on picture....and your working with that scale for real..respects.

Danny

T

treyzx10r

Andy thank you kindly

Martin ,Connors hands are full with his first Battleship build so he's left me to my own devices on this one,thanks again !

Waffen bucks,Danny thank you both!

So sorry for the long delay in updates work has been consuming my build time lately! I'm happy with the floor and bulkhead fit now,still need to add a lot of details yet. For that reason I'm not hard glueing parts in yet. For fit reasons it was essential to get the front floor level and fitted first,after a lot of test fits its properly aligned and level now. The forward bulkhead IP assembly ties into the front floor nicely now and a test fit of the fuse halves shows no major alignment problems in this area now. This has been the most challenging resin interior I've encountered to date!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Is this for your friend Trey? If so, he'll be mighty impressed - as I am - with the quality of your work.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks amazing trey! Great work on a very difficult procedure , cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Trey, just quietly watching in the wings.

Amazing detail.....Very impressive build.

Ron

B

Buttonman

Hey buddy that looks sweet. Perfectionist is your middle name .

Say hi to Bosun conner

Martin