B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

C

Caledonia

I see you are putting us all to shame again Trey - fantastic detail. Cheers Derek

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic detail Trey, it is coming along nicely. Bet you can't wait for some larger airframe construction.

T

treyzx10r

Dave yes its for my friend his Father was the co-pilot,and thanks!

Ian,Tony,Ron Thank you very much!

Derek I've seen your skills at work it would take a better Man than me to shame you;)thanks for the high regards all the same Sir!

Martin thank you and Connor says thanks again as well! He is totally absorbed in the HMS Belfast at the moment. The little guy is really eating into that Battleship,so appreciate the gift Sir!

Joe thanks and yes really looking forward to sealing this up! A real ugly possibility may prevent that though! Still trying to figure out wether the waist gun positions were staggered on this airframe. It was'nt built by Boieng it was a Douglas build and its making it difficult to verify the details and the serial numbers do'nt help much. So the waist guns could have been either,its driving me nuts!

The next issue was dealing with the nose turret. The resin parts deal away with the kit mount and solid floor which was innacurate. I needed to scratch the support assembly and attachment point from styrene tube and square stock. A pretty straight forward affair and was fairly easy to align using the top hole on the chin turret as a guide for placement

gave a basic wash to the navigators station,once buttoned up most of this area will be entombed and not seen

Opened the Verlinden upgrade set and wow lots more resin goodies to add!

Another test fit of the fuse and all still fits well

Lots more to come stay tuned

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very interesting build to watch Trey and your doing a grand job so far ( but rather you than me with all that resin ha ha )

First Name
Gregg
Amazing build, love the instument panel. Such detail! ****

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I saw a forum discussing your build Trey, must be the bloke for whom you are building this one. Quite the conversation about the staggered windows and other things, you definitely have your work cut out.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking cracking Trey. The IP is very impressive, and the rest of the office is a detail fest.

Looking forward to more.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the kind words Fellas! Joe you're right thats the Bloke! Great news no staggered windows on this version ,so I dodged some major surgery!Even though this area wo'nt be seen in great detail once its entombed I could'nt just leave it as is. First I cut away this clunky blob of what ca'nt even be identifed and replaced the hole with some sheet styrene

Then after cutting down the kit supplied front table it was painted and glued in along with the support leg made from a standard wood toothpick

Next up was building the radio stack. I finally found a use for the resin mold bases,after some sanding they turned into suitable replacent boxes for the equipment.

Added some details and painted it

Finally installed

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Joe! My apologies for the delays in updates, I took a break to go to Daytona for some Moto racing and now its back to the build!

I've been ordered to open the bomb bays so broke out the razor saw. The Verlinden update set included some nice brass doors with some rib detail added.

I had to adjust the nav/radio seat and desk position to a more 'scale' size and location

Then added some more radio detail and gave it a light wash to perk it up

Waist gun areas up next ,more True detail resin. The kit details removed with a dremel and the parts fit right in.

More nose detail added and more yet to come,the small resin bits to the left will be the bomb sight eventually

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Honestly Trey i consider your work as a peice of art. As always you are making a masterpeice

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant stuff Trey. One mega build for sure!

Ron

L

Lancasterb1

That's coming together nicely, a lot of work going into this can't wait to see the finished aircraft

S

Sky Raider

Another stunning bit of work. Amazing detail Trey. Keep it coming mate.

Andy

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I don't know where the order to open up the bomb bay came from, but he or she is quite right. So much detail cannot be hidden by a couple of doors - it would be a crime !