Christine completed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Oh well back to the drawing board apparently thats an 80s video camera it should be a panaflex 35mm camera like the one Si described with the 2 reels on the top and the square lens glare attatchment been shown a pic of John Carpenter on the set of Christine with the camera in the background, its a huge camera almost as big as Carpenter himself. thats where I have been searching with the wrong phrases, I've been searching Stephen kings Christine, I should have been searching John Carpenters Christine.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, how do you know that a video camera wasn't used for setting up shots and for filming dailies?

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

So you think I could still use it Si the panaflex is huge and complex not sure how I am going to scale that can't find a photo with a hand grip to scale it by, if I can find out the diameter of the lens maybe I could use that, or I will just have to make a rough guesstimate.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You could use it no problem.

Here is a piccie of a panaflex in use with guy to give scale. http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/r/u/m/rumeur-court-2005-tou--02-g.jpg

Try this website, got some good piccies that may help you. http://www.cinematographers.nl/CAMERAS2.html

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si great for scaling (its huge ain't it) you have been extremely helpful, I am really greatfull

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si great for scaling (its huge ain't it) you have been extremely helpful, I am really greatfull
No problems mate, cannot wait to see your finished dio.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well back from hols and I have ordered 50 assorted 1/24 figures off ebay, I am sure I should be able to fashion a Moochie out of them and a film crew. I have also ordered a 1/16 bulldozer (can't find a 1/24 cheap enough) but it's a simple Cat bulldozer and I think I can cut it down to 1/24 (famous last words) but I am not paying 80 quid and 20. Odd quid postage. So........hopefully I will have everything I need to finish the dio (famous last words again).

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I am sure you will be able to do it...have faith...:rolleyes:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do like the walls, nice colors to them,

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'm liking this Ken, come on mate, you can do this, like me (no doubt a few others as well, mojo is to-ing and fro-ing), we are all behind you ;) :D

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks all for the encouragement done a bit more on the stageing

this is what i am using for the TarMac

I have used the pva glue round the patches and the joins I am hoping it will look like the liquid tar they use to fill the joins on a TarMac road when painted black also i will be injecting pva under the sandpaper in a few places to make it uneven and i am going to try and create the wrinkle you get when the Tar cracks in the heat.

I did think about printing a Hershes bar ( Ithink thats what they are called) wrapper reducing it to 1\24 screwing it up with a bit of foil and chucking it in the loading bay against the end wall for some wind blown rubbish, will have to do some research on what type of junk food was avaliable then so I can add some to the dio.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well the dozer has arrived and I think it's an Oops moment I chose it as it looked a simple cut up and reassemble as a 1\24 model but its a lot more detailed than i thought, and it is HUGE I put it on the dio just to see the effect and i wont get away with that scale.

as you can see it towers above everything, the way I see it I could cut the roof off the Cat and see if it looks like i can get away with that or i shorten the dio and sort of just show the shovel of the Cat and leave the rest to everyone's imagination, I am open to suggestions Guys and Gals, help !!! any suggestions at all will be welcome.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
If your cutting techniques are upto it then take the rook off and shorten the exhaust stack, muck up and weather and it should look okay. If you intend to remove the shovel anyway I would attempt surgery on the cat.

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks Si i have just been doing some math and the dozer is 290 mill long and 170 mill high at a reduction of 37% that would make it overall 183 long and 103 high overall the problem is the bonnet is 120 high which is still way too high, and of course when i take the roof off it will show the seat and all the internals and the seat looks huge compared to Christine it's nearly the size of her bonnet, but as you say if I cut her up and cant get a good finish I could just resort to using the shovel. I will have to ponder this a while to see the knock on effects cutting will have, then see if i can pluck up the courage.

D

Deleted member 3568

Ok I have managed to figure out how it comes apart and here are the constituant parts. I still have no idea where to begin there are so many parts which when cut will affect so many other parts.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I wouldn't worry about it, hack the roof as best you can, hide the seat etc under a tarpaulin.