Christine completed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

yes sorry about that they are 1/24 i think its a model train scale thats why they all look like rail passengers.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Moni just did a quick search 1/35 figures are really pricy hobby easy have a good selection ranging from £8.99 EACH unbelievable to £7.99 for 6 don't know what the postage costs would be.

D

Deleted member 3568

another update

I have chosen the figure to be Moochie will need some fattening up and shortening also needs a Hoodie but it's the best in the bunch of figures I have

also made some progress on the Panavision camera

not sure how i am going to clamp it to the scaffolding yet but will no doubt figure something out.

D

Deleted member 3568

Ok Guys and Galls this is my worst subject so be gentle with me here is my first set of figures for the dio sorry in advance I know they will let everything else down but Its the best I can do.

like I said sorry.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've been on the sidelines watching this and I must say it's very impressive KP

Very good work :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Alan I am disappointed with the figures but I never can do them well, I am always in awe of people who can especially in small scale I have regularly seen figures in 1/72 better than mine in 1/24.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I think there good KP , I struggle with figures in 1/24 scale , the bigger they are the more you have to do them so your not alone in that respect but I think there good mate

Try using a darker wash on them and dry brushing highlights over the top to give the figures a bit of depth :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good KP, the figures are fine and you have done a very good job off them,:rolleyes:

like the camera and all the other bits as well you doing a real good job off this,

and thank you for the info on the fig, will have alook at them,

looking forward to next update ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks moni your figure work is oustanding, one might say head and shoulders above others but then yours seem to stop at the shoulders,;)Alan I have never thought of using a wash on figures wouldn't even know where to start but maybe that's where I am going wrong.

Last edited:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
KP what ever the colour is use a darker shade and then dry brush over the top with the original colour

For skin colour use a wash of watered down brown or orange :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like it KP, coming along nicely. Figures are often the difficult part for many of us. But try Alan's suggestion, it may help to bring out the detail a little more.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for all the info and encouragement. Now I have just realized another thing I need with this dio does anyone know do they make a model of a 1/24-25 generator you know, one of those big ones you see when a streets power has gone out as a temp till the power company sorts it.

I have just realized all these cameras and lighting will need power and there will be lots of lighting.

Also I figured it would be a good place to hide the batteries.

I mean it's not like I am short of space on the dio, my trouble is where to stop I thought about a mobile cafe for the actors and technicians and maybe a winibago for the stars, if I keep adding to it it will never get finished.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Guys and Galls I have decided to add a beverages trailer to the dio and it will be towed by this poor old girl

she is missing a wheel apart from a bit of cosmetic work she is ok I have gone through my spares box and from the dozens of sets of wheels i have I dont hav a single set of four so I think I will do 2 small wheels on the front an 2 larger wheels on the rear, I dont think it will look too out of place with the roof chop.

I will be scratch building the trailer got a few ref picie's I want to do this as there will be a lot of boring Tar Mac on the dio otherwise.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all couldn't resist putting all what I've got together so far I am quite pleased with the results.

the matchbox is where the generator will be when complete as I think its about the right size, not sure yet as I have not started to build it yet. cant find a kit of one so will have to be another scratch built one.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is starting to take real shape KP, looking better each time i see it, and glad that you are filling in the blank areas as well, looking good :confused:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking superb, just love how this is turning out.

I would just scratch make the generator, add a exhaust and some vents and a control box and then just have the wires coming out.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Moni and Si glad you like it. Si I have checked everywhere I can think of and the only 1/24 gen I can fine is £250.00 I kid you not so will deff be scratch building one.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Chuffing hell, that's pricey! How about this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATLAS-EDITIONS-CARTERS-FODEN-GENERATOR-TRACTOR-AND-LOW-LOADER-/221449242223?pt=UK_Car_Parts_Vehicles_Automobila_ET&hash=item338f67466f don't know the scale but cheap enough to hack about.

Or make something looking like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Model-1-35-U-S-Electric-Generator-Pacific-Harbor-WWII-529-/171021408393?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item27d1ab9889

Si:smiling3: