Christine completed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si you always come up with the goods the truck and gen are 1/76 so much too small but the 1/35 looks easy enough to scratch build mind I may have to build 2of them as there don't seem to be many power take offs on them.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all yet another update,YAWN

not very good at figures this is my best attempt at hacking Moochie a before and after

and here is the progress of the tea trailer, no idea what colour I am going to paint it

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice KP, the tarmac looks much better dirty up, ;) nice food van as well, and you should have no problems making a gen,

after doing that one, :rolleyes:

getting better at these figures as well, looking good, just give his face a wash as before to add a bit more detail, and same with is clothing

add in so highs and low, and job done, o_O

liking this more each time i see it, keep up the good work :cool:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks moni glad you like it had I bit of an accident last night putting the base away, I had to put it between two shelves and snapped of the camera and a lot of the scaffolding being clumsy and not watching what I was doing sorting the shelves tonight and will be putting it on the top shelves in the future.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking great, the figures look rather good to me. Nice work.

SI:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh no KP, booo, hope it did not do to much damage,

well you know i had some think similar , broke the wall, and the rein is not setting to cold in the shed,:confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si. No Moni luckily an easy fix. Spent most of this evening working on the Mercury got the body shell looking good managed to polish most of the scratches out of the windscreen the missing wheel is not going to be such an easy fix the stub axle is missing as is the tie rod and the actual back plate of the wheel but we will get round that.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh good that you were able to fix most off it, always some think to give you pain with an accident, when it happens :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes its all patched up Moni my fault clumsy thats my name. anyway started working on the Mercury tonight took it apart enough to clean.

never realized how much detail there was inside (I dont know what possesed me on the colour scheme, cant find the instructions but I blame them I cant beleive I would choose colours like that) fixed the front wheel and the only wheels and tires I have for the back are too big so have had to jack up the rear suspension. dont know weather to change the colour scheme on the interior or not as once the body is on you cant see it. and I have noticed the rear bumper is missing and the drivers side rear lights are missing so that's another thing to fix but getting there.

D

Deleted member 3568

Need some help here Guys and Galls I stained the bristles of an old brush green and was going to cut them off and use them as grass growing in the Tar Mac at certain points around the walls but it just keeps falling over tried liquid poly super glue and the styrene cement that comes in tunes what do you use (superglue sticks ok but it's too quick and I can't get the grass how I want it before it's stuck)wondered about plasticine but will it paint and will it last.

sorry don't know how to do the quotey thing so I will copy and pate it Alan I have never thought of using a wash on figures wouldn't even know where to start but maybe that's where I am going wrong.thanks for that info tried it today and what a difference to the faces will have to do the eyes again got a bit too much wash in there, but amazing the difference it makes, what would I hilight a white shirt with.

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I use a small drill or something to make a small hole, add PVA or better still some silicone sealant into the hole, add your bristles and then fan out.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks Si. of course the hole stops them from falling over how stupid of me, it's funny how when things are pointed out to you they seem obvious but at the time you can't think of the obvious.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yep thats the same way i do it , as Si explained,:rolleyes:

just give the eyes a touch up with a very lite gray , i never use white, and for the eyeres just try to do a semi circle,leaving a little white/gray at the bottom, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Moni the grey for the eyes makes sence I have seen so many eyes on models that stick out like a sore thumb.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
glad you like the idea, as with alot off us the faces are hard to do so any help is always worth a try as a rule i never use white only mixing and then i tend to use an aged white, :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all another update been flitting about today doing a bit here and a bit there, not really finishing anything.

done some grass on the TarMac, did some work on the figures, done some work on the Trailer, and did some work on the Mercury.

you can see the grass in the next pic have to paint the glue brown or something when its dry.

not sure what to call the tea van its obviously got to be american, and not a tea van I would like to incorporate KP into the logo but have no idea at the moment.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks biggie sorry must have missed you in introductions welcome to the forum you won't find a friendlier bunch.