He 162 A-2 Revell 1/32 completed !

T

treyzx10r

Revells 1/32 162 A-2 ,got started this weekend ,want to give a thanks to all for the great input about the color callouts ! The usual start in the office .The interior is rather spartan but I'll be adding bits as it goes together to remedy that

(Kudos to Dubster for the great link it was a huge help). The seal belts were tackled first,I used foil from a wine bottle cut up into strips then added some buckles and bits from the spares box

The nose gear assembly was missing the small return spring on the port side so I wound one out of a strand of small wire,more details will be added later. I plan to display it with the nose cone off I want to dress it up a bit

The IP is just the supplied decals with some canopy glue dropped on the instrument faces,I added the straps on the rudder pedals with the same wine foil as the harness

Starting on the engine next, still doing some research for the plumbing and accessories. cheers Trey

Last edited:
D

dubster72

Looks good Trey - solder wire is good for the engine.

Umm btw I posted the restoration link! ;)

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks

Patrick my most humble apologies :oops:,you did indeed and its been corrected ! Thanks for the solder wire tip ,was fumbling around in my junk box looking for wire bits thats a great idea!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far very nice work on the cockpit, ;)

D

dubster72

No worries Trey! I wasn't sure about saying anything!

Something I discovered when building this kit is that it was better to leave the instrument panel to one side when joining the fuselage halves. There's enough to align already & you can pop it into place once that's done.

First Name
Richard
Nice start on this one Trey.

Like those extra details in the cockpit

Keep it up Trey.

Cheers Richi

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start Trey , the harness looks spot on , looking forward to the build , cheers tony

B

Bunkerbarge

Lovely job Trey. Just a couple of bits of added detail make it stand out. Lovely realistic finishes!

D

Deleted member 3568

I agree with all above nice work certainly out of my scope of ability/patience.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Considering it's mainly grey, it's all very colourful ! Great attention to detail.

T

treyzx10r

Monica thanks!

Patrick I'm glad you did say something and thanks thats a great tip on the IP was having doubts about the build sequence,llike you said a lot of stuff to align at once!

Richi,Tony,Richard,Ken & Colin thanks for the positive comments,appreciate that !

Small update tonight , I'm finding the plastic very soft .I cut the nose away from the fuse,in this instance the soft plastic was a plus

Using a razor saw I opened the gaps on the flight controls,this soft plastic was a pain here and would actually tear. I wound up having to add some sheet styrene on the stab to repair a bad one,if you look close on the right stab you'll spot it

Added some paint to the interior walls. Small things, the oxygen system is in the right spot but angled wrong and too small,as is the flare gun tube. I really would have to do more cutting and scratching to correct than I feel is needed for this build so I'm rolling with it as is.

Sanded all the seams smooth and shot the base colors on the engine,lots of work to do here

cheers Trey

T

tommy1drop

Great start Trey, nice work on the cockpit, looking forward to seeing more of this build;)

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great start Trey I'm liking the seat belts, if it helps here's the link to my build http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/revell-1-32-he162-salamander.19409/. Watch out with the the gun bay door it should open downwards and not as the instructions would have it. Here's another link to a restoration that was done in france http://memorial.flight.free.fr/He162uk.html this shows a lot of detail including a video of the undercart being deployed and retracted.

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great start Trey I also have one of these Hitler wonder-weapons in the stash so will be watching this with interest. The work in the office and the engine look great so far (i would expect nothing else) and I'm sure this will build into a fabulous looking model. Another Nazi jet to compliment the Horten!

Vaughan's build of the same is definitely worth a good look it's a great example.

Cheers

P

T

treyzx10r

Steve,Tommy, MKA , thanks!

Vaughan thanks I went back and revisited your most excellent build,hope you do'nt mind I'm already sampling yours! I remember you started yours at the same time I got the kit as a gift,it was killing me! I wanted to jump on it so bad after seeing how well yours turned out, but had obliations already on the bench.

Paul thank you,could'nt agree more ,Vaughans is a great study in the subject for sure! I want to do another in 1/48 to sit with the Horten,who makes a good one in that scale?

Not a lot to update ,adding some scratch details to the engine and also relocated some of the kit supplied parts to more scale positions. Then did a little painting in the gear bay .

T

treyzx10r

I managed to get some building in today and gave the office and gear bays a wash with some ProModeller black

Also added some lead so it wo'nt be a tail sitter

More detail added to the Engine , lots more to go here. Not going to be %100 accurate but I'm hoping it will pass for something close