He 162 A-2 Revell 1/32 completed !

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Trey

Great progress on the jet. Whenever I see a nice start to a kit I've got in the cupboard I'm always tempted to start it myself. This is no exception. I think the German jets are all very interesting and great subjects for a model.

BTW, Tamiya seem to produce a decent kit in 1/48. Haven't built one but here's a review.

http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/brown162.htm

Eventually I'll build the 3 jets I've got in 1/32 - Komet, Salamander and 262 and I'm really looking forward to the prospect.

Have fun Trey I know this will be good.

Paul

Edit: Sorry Komet is or was rocket powered :oops: and not a jet

Last edited by a moderator:

0ne48thtel

I have just caught up with this Trey and I have got to say it looks like it is going to be another great build.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Eventually I'll build the 3 jets I've got in 1/32 - Komet, Salamander and 262 and I'm really looking forward to the prospect.

Paul
And if you fancy something else rocket powered to go with the Komet then Fly models do a decent 1/32 Bachem 349 Natter. It's good for a limited run kit and you'd have no problem with it!

Nice work Trey. I've never built one of these and seeing what Vaughan and then you (so far) have made of it I'm becoming sorely tempted.

Cheers

Steve

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very impressage work so far Tray, ;)

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the postive response everyone!

Paul thanks for the link,gonna get that kit for sure.

Steve , the Natter kit the same one you built earlier?

Finished plumbing the engine after a marathon session today,I used a combo of stretched sprue and solder

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that looks great, ,you going to have it show, as dont the housing open to show the engine ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That engine looks like you could spin it up and it would fly off the bench! Very nice indeed.

Yes, the Fly 'Natter' is the one I built a while back. I built the prototype version which made the first, brief, fatal, vertically launched rocket powered flight.

Cheers

Steve

0ne48thtel

Trey that is looking great I have to agree with Steve in that it looks like you could spool it up and it would fly of the bench.

Z

Ziper_it

Ok trey, this is a great build, no doubt.

Details and results on the engine are impressive.

Francesco

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Some great detailing Trey. I think my engine was not quite in the same league as yours. I presume you going to have those engine cowlings open? Looking forward to more progress.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Monica,yes open cowl for sure.

Steve I thought that was the same Natter really enjoyed the build and the detailed info as well,thanks for the kind words

Patrick thanks it was you're tip with the solder that helped! Did you post up any pics of yours? Would love to see it.

Terry, Steve , Joe , Francesco thanks

Vaughan you're engine looked great ,yes going with the open option and thanks appreciate the compliment!

Got the wings mounted up and after some tweaking got it close to being the right dihedral and evenly matched . Threw the engine in temorary just to see how it would fit ,no issues so far .

D

dubster72

That's looking like a real 162 now Trey! Mine is still in bits, I got distracted by other stuff!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Trey

That engine is great the plumbing on it gives it real detail.

The aircraft is really coming together now and it will soon be time for some paint.

Lovely looking model so far can't wait to see the scheme you'll apply

Cheers

Paul