Honda RC211V'03 Sete Gibernau

F

Fenlander

You are continuing to do some really fine detail on this amazing build Trey. Going to have to up my game on the next bike now lol

T

treyzx10r

thanks Graham,lol I do'nt set the bar very high so no worries. Got any bikes in waiting?

F

Fenlander

At the moment just the Ducati Desi wotsit (rubbish at remembering Italian names).... But after the Blackbird, I really do fancy a big road bike but I would like a 'naked' one so that I could go to town o the engine and not hide it under a fairing.

T

treyzx10r

yea I've a time with Italian names as well did you mean the Tesi?I've seen a V-Max and several others in 1/12 scale lately on flea bay good candidate for a naked 'Muscle' bike

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ohhh Lots of chrome on a V-Max Graham. Think of all that loverly alclad you could do on that!

Ian M

F

Fenlander

It is the Ducat Desmosedicii that I got first. Then I decided to do the NR500 as a trainer as I had never built a bike. I then took on the Honda Blackbird, again a cheaper Tamiya kit not quite as complex as the Ducati. I hope to get all the add ons before I build it, especially the Marlbro decals. The V-Max sounds interesting.... will you guys stop putting ideas into my head lol

T

treyzx10r

cool the Desmo is a nice kit have you sourced out the decals yet ? I've got a source if you need it.

F

Fenlander

I have not looked for a while but Hiroboy do have the forks, paint, carbon fibre decals (never know which size CF Decal to get they come in three pattern sizes) but most times I go in and have a look, they have sold out again. Not in any rush as I have far too much on to start it yet but another supplier would be useful.

M

m1ks

Pointless trivia

Desmosedici

Desmo = Desmodromic, refers to the valve assembly and actuation of the Ducati engines, Valves are both opened and closed mechanically reducing the mass in the head and reducing nasty things like valve float but are mechanically comples, hence pricier to manufacture than standard valves which are opened by a Camshaft or rocker and closed by a spring.

Sedici = Italian for sixteen, four cylinder, 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder

Some would tell you a more literal translation is Phwoooarr

Nice as they are though I still think the peak of Ducati's gorgeousness was Tamburinis 916

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
At the moment just the Ducati Desi wotsit (rubbish at remembering Italian names).... But after the Blackbird, I really do fancy a big road bike but I would like a 'naked' one so that I could go to town o the engine and not hide it under a fairing.
How about one of the very old Heller 1/6th scale bike kits. Quite a few naked ones to consider and most with seperates plates to make up the finning of the engines. With modern ideas and materials one of these could be modified to make up a superb model.

B

Bunkerbarge

Those parts are looking the business Trey. I usually buy Tamiya Modelling International where they quite regularly have a bike model to drool over of an amazing standard. Yours is looking just as good!!

T

treyzx10r

thanks Richard! I had to spray some clear on a full scale scoot so since I had the gun out shot the body panels

and after they dried

and got the motor mounted up

T

treyzx10r

added the exhaust wrap from the upgrade kit and got it mounted

here the parts before sanding

and sanded the molded details of the muffler

and got the wrap in place and secured with insulated wire so as not to mar up the photo etch part

and finished up

then mounted

F

Fenlander

This is looking so gorgeous, ya just want to fondle it...... (whoops, just me then????) Anyway, stunning work on this one, love the full size spray booth lol.

B

Bunkerbarge

Those body parts are absolutely amazing. I wouldn't mind a finish like that on my real bike!

Lovely job Trey, looking superb.

T

treyzx10r

thanks Graham glad you like the spay booth lol .Richard thanks for the compliment and if you can get it here I can paint it;)

B

Bunkerbarge

You'd be dissapointed in me, both my bikes are black bodywork all over! Not very imaginative I'm afraid but just the way I like them.

T

treyzx10r

on to the brakes, masked and ready for the 2nd color.

complete and mounted up

and the rear

triple clamps and bars complete with the safety wired grips

the upgraded rearsets

the brake side

F

Fenlander

This is really amazing, I am definitely going to have to up my game when I start the Ducati. I have never attempted so much colour variance on the engine and other parts and it certainly makes a difference.