Honda RC211V'03 Sete Gibernau

B

Bunkerbarge

Paints have come a long way since I last did a bike engine ( about twenty years ago) and I used to make the most of mixing various paints to make differnt shades but this just shows what can be achieved nowadays.

Stunning effects and fantastic subtle differences in shading and finishes to give an amazingly realistic finish. I like the mask for the discs as well. I used to do them by hand!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is one very impressive bike you are building there Trey. The detailing is spectacular!

I'm really looking forwards to seing the end result!

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I am looking at a model am I not? I thought I was on the wrong forum for a moment! That's some beautiful work that you are doing Trey.

Cheers

Steve

M

m1ks

As everyone else has said, that's looking great, looking forward to the 'reveal' shots, a model to be proud of.

T

treyzx10r

thanks for all the kind words gang Graham, Richard,Ian,Steve,M1ks and the rest of the great craftsmen here ,you are all a hard act to follow so your compliments mean a lot. I've got it to a rolling chassis hope to button up all the details soon !

swingarm assy

finally sitting on the rubber its time for a beer!!

B

Bunkerbarge

Are you going to leavce off part of the fairing? It would be such a shame to cover that superb engine detail up.

F

Fenlander

Always a problem and a conflict of conscience Richard. I always wonder why I bother when it is going to have the fairing on but realistically, the fairing actually finishes the bike. Tamiya especially, have screws fixing the fairing so it can be removed for show but it is a struggle for me, especially if I finished it to this standard, to cover it all up. But would we leave the canopy off an aircraft after detailing the cockpit? It is a shame but it just has to be done in my opinion, Trey may feel differently.

B

Bunkerbarge

I've got a couple of bikes on bases and I leave the fairing off one side so you can see the engine on one side and the complete bike on the other. There is no right or wrong I guess and we all struggle with the same dilema at some point.

T

treyzx10r

Richard I usually leave off the same parts cool thing is like Graham said the fairings come on and easy enough.I get carried away at times and buid 2 so I can display them both ways at the same time lol

T

treyzx10r

finally finished it up !

and with the bodywork in place

Vae Victus!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh My God thats beautiful!

The paint and finish are beyond words. Five very big and well desreved stars!!!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done! ***** for sure Trey.

Gern

F

Fenlander

Beautiful Trey, just beautiful. To date, that has to be the finest bike build I have ever seen and I am sure those who have built them before will not be niffed at me saying that. I wish we had a 10 Star rating, 5 is just not enough. Not only have I enjoyed watching the build and seeing the result but you have inspired me to re think how I do my bikes and I know that my next one will be an improvement on my last. I cannot see how you can say the same lol, but I bet you do and I look forward to seeing that one to.

T

treyzx10r

wow thanks Graham ,I'm honored by your comments and will be anxiously awaiting your next bike build . I can say that you and all the great forum members here have been a huge help with the tips and inspiration to me ,really no kidding this place has been a wealth of helpful info, cheers

Trey

T

tacumm

I have a Trumpeter 1/12 GT 40 and bleach would not strip the plating after a day. Even tried strong bleach. Mr Muscle oven cleaner worked on thrplating but would not remove yellow film completely. Parts looked dipped in this yellow primer and detail is lost. Any other suggestions for the future to remove plating and primer.

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
I have a Trumpeter 1/12 GT 40 and bleach would not strip the plating after a day. Even tried strong bleach. Mr Muscle oven cleaner worked on thrplating but would not remove yellow film completely. Parts looked dipped in this yellow primer and detail is lost. Any other suggestions for the future to remove plating and primer.
Tom we did a bit in the quick tips about this hope it helps ,looking forward to some pics of your GT40 always been a fav of mine

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/quick-tips/10200-how-remove-chrome.html

Trey