Honda RC211V'03 Sete Gibernau

P

peter61_uk

\ said:
I just got this kit unexpectedly as a tip from a customer. I always enjoyed watching Sete and Rossi battling it out so maybe a Rossi of the same year will have to be next. I've got some upgrade kits on order so I ca'nt get too far into it until they arrive but will get the basics started,any way here is the basic kit layout
Trey,

I just finished Rossi's RC211V Valencia 03............ These do make up to a nice kit.............. But I ad a hellish job geeting the right vouring partticularly a high gloss on the dayglo yellow for the tank and Seat Cowl.................. Good ;ick with the build

P

peter61_uk

I should of read the rest of this read before my last post............. Pillock!!!!

Anyway..................Just seen the photos of your finished model and that is a superb job................

Peter

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
good to see im not the only one who struggles with rim stripes - nice work tray like the finished bike expertly done.

i never new you could strip the crome finish as easily as dropping it in some bleach so im off to drop the NSR 500 frame and swinging arm in to some.

i will post the finished artical soon as - simon

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OI Trey! What have you done with the pictures!!! You been fiddling with you photo-bucket account???

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
OI Trey! What have you done with the pictures!!! You been fiddling with you photo-bucket account???Ian M
Hey Ian, for some reason my fb acct glitched and I lost some pics ,still do'nt know why

T

treyzx10r

Ian thanks for the heads up,my photobucket acct somehow scrambled and I lost some pics so I'm reposting them

my apologies if I missed any thanks

F

funkyrimpler

\ said:
Pointless triviaDesmosedici

Desmo = Desmodromic, refers to the valve assembly and actuation of the Ducati engines, Valves are both opened and closed mechanically reducing the mass in the head and reducing nasty things like valve float but are mechanically comples, hence pricier to manufacture than standard valves which are opened by a Camshaft or rocker and closed by a spring.

Sedici = Italian for sixteen, four cylinder, 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder

Some would tell you a more literal translation is Phwoooarr

Nice as they are though I still think the peak of Ducati's gorgeousness was Tamburinis 916
View attachment 47839

time for me to showboat. these two tamburini designs are both mine!! a 916SP and the MV Agusta F4..i wish tamiya made the F4 road bike.

this is a cosmic build and a real inspiration for me to up my game! the YT vids of this and the desmosedici builds are awesome.

View attachment 50722

Birdseye.jpg