How's your Aircraft Recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duncan

#336,Yep reckon it is Italian but suspect a trap ! #337 of course is the Armstrong-Whitworth AW 52.

D

duncan

oh oh..back to Bill Barnes and Air Trails !........and the contra-prop job from way back is not a Swiss target-tug but a Soviet "Spartak" by Bolkhovtinov...found it when looking for Comrade Barnski`s twin hull streamliner !

Last edited:
D

duncan

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
How about a little seasonal cheer while you relax with the plum duff and mulled wine' date='some may be feeling a bit like this aircraft . (pics stolen from Lynnette Zuccoli`s excellent site [url']www.seqair.com/Hangar/Zuccoli/Legends[/url] )
*** The ducted fan Caproni,what an amazing machine for its time,some years ago the Aeromodeller featured someones model of this machine,at least you do not need a special impeller for this one as it has a standard prop.

The Edgley Optica was just a variation of this principle,the only real difference was the close tolerance shroud which in the end was found to be the cause of that terrible crash when in use by the police force in the UK.

There is nothing really new in aviation as we are finding out re-discovering these amazing flash es from the past.

K

Kiwi

Pleased that you managed to find the Bolkhovitnov "S", I was getting worried there for a bit.

Just to help you a wee tiny bit the "Bill Barnes" machine doesn't come from that part of the world.

I suppose that earns you another one?

View attachment 7319

/monthly_2004_12/m64.jpg.c90058b2c0363210b86a886a60d3edb3.jpg

View attachment 12014

View attachment 12614

m64.jpg

Last edited:
D

duncan

Well I`d decided that the twin-hull streamliner was Italian and that is when I found the Stipa.....still looking ! There has been some VERY weird soviet aircraft.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
:hmmm:Hmmmm...looks like Paris Expo' date=' is that a clue ? Meantime here is a quaint pusher from before WW II . Clue , from a town famous for railway production.:music_whi[/quote']*** The Gottingen company famous for all of those wonderful aerofoil sections that are of particular use to aeromodellers, developed some interesting designs,the GO.9 was a development machine with some interesting features.

D

duncan

Goppingen Go 9 yep . Was a test machine for mid-engine trials with long shaft drive for Dornier Do 335 Pfeil (arrow) push/pull aircraft. Railway town? Home of Marklin model railway manufacturers. Gottingen airfoils ??????Nope !

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
While I'm waiting for you to find the Bill Barnes machine I feel the urge to give you another. Might also be about time I did another list of outstanding (!) aircraft.
#353 Air Ministry spec 17/25 called for this beast the Avro Avocet,N209 was wheeled undercarriage and N210 the floatplane version for the High Speed flight,1929 saw some interesting big biplanes.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Goppingen Go 9 yep . Was a test machine for mid-engine trials with long shaft drive for Dornier Do 335 Pfeil (arrow) push/pull aircraft. Railway town? Home of Marklin model railway manufacturers. Gottingen airfoils ??????Nope !
*** Got my Gott's mixed up with my Gopp's !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Looks like a Savoia Marchetti SM-55 to me!Whats this then (easy)
#357 is the Avro 561 Andover,only 4 built and one converted into the Avro type 563 which became G-EBKW.

Looks like ambulance colourscheme ?

Status
Not open for further replies.