How's your Aircraft Recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duncan

....but not a flying boat or Junkers (master of shed roofing for panelling `planes)? Who added the answer to #46, I may be wrong but I dont think it was me. Did I have it on from it was posted ?

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
....but not a flying boat or Junkers (master of shed roofing for panelling `planes)? Who added the answer to #46' date=' I may be wrong but I dont think it was me. Did I have it on from it was posted ?[/quote']*** It must have been me Duncan,experimenting with the URL link thing,dont ask me why I did it on that one,I cannot remember !!

D

duncan

#53. The tri-plane bomber is a Caproni Ca42 (or series 4).

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
#55 A real shot in the dark here,is it a Breguet type ? it has that Alize look about it but I know it is not one of them.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
#56 Correct Amiot 143b-5. Ugly eh!
*** A sort of greenhouse,built in headwind included.but I would not say no to one of these flying over my house !

K

Kiwi

# 45 Canadian Vickers Viking (seen in Vincent Wards movie Map of the Human Heart)

K

Kiwi

# 52 is the Beriev VVA-14 . This is not a true Ekranoplan as it only uses the WIG effect for take off and then cruises at about 10 km alt. The wreck of this is at Monino.

FAB Virgil- Thunderbirds are go!

Last edited:
D

duncan

Looks like I hit the wrong button or I`ve been edited out. So here goes again. Correct with the Canadian Vickers flying boats. Correct on #44 Zeppelin-Staaken or in case of debate Gotha V.G.O. 111 (Gotha,original company name,later to become Dornier). For anyone interested in the WW1 labeling of German aircraft see www.designation-systems.net/germany-ww1 and all will be explained, or not ! #60 the worlds largest electric r/c plane I think ! Bet they aint using nicads in that lot. #52 correct Beriev built to an Italian`s design, strange ? Why dont they paint it green and send it to Tracy Island.

Last edited:
D

duncan

#61 ding ding , spot on. The other tilt-fan seemed to be at an Eastern Bloc airshow, just guessing. Think your French (ship-bourne) fighter might a Bloch of some type, I`ll look. Good stuff for a snowy morning !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Something about #63 says Morane Saulnier ? the front end looks just like the 406,it looks mighty weird as if the designer could not work out the best tail assembly !

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***IMPORTANT NOTE***

Please note this thread has now closed,please refer to 'Aircraft Recognition Quiz Pictures 2005' and 'My answer to the quiz is-' where it makes a fresh start.

On the owners advice it was needed to close this very successful thread due to it becoming unweildy and slowing download time.

Thank you everyone for your co-operation,full instructions are given in the new thread with an example of how it works with a new invisible answer system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.