Italeri 1/72 Italian S-79 Sparviero

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
You should oughta at least bring that to Cosford next year. You may not have neighbours interested in your builds, but I know we (The Cosford Massive) would like to see it!

I assume you brush painted the Klear coat. How did you get it so shiny, my Klear coats stay dull no matter how many I apply?
Me too Dave , I’ve tried brushing ,spraying but I can never get a true glossy finish , more like a satin . I’ve just got some alclad aqua gloss to try that .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Stunning paint job Ron, my house would look superb in that scheme, not so sure about the misses lol

Hi Bob, you are dead right, I don't think she would like being painted like that either!..... ;)

Dave. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting up with my friends from S.M. next April. As for taking stuff.......

Dave and Tony. Re. the Klear. I presumed all folks who used this stuff ended up with a good shine. I can only put it down to me brushing it on, so perhaps it goes on a bit thicker than an A.B., thus giving it the shine. Only one coat too....
I really don't know. I'm sure someone on here will, though.

Just for interest. Here's the brushes I used for this aircraft. On the left, the camo. brush, and on the right, my 'Yard Brush' for the large areas - Including the Klear.
P1260765.JPG

Cheers all and thanks for the interest.

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
My Klear brush is the same size Ron , I just never get a really glossy finish , just a slight sheen .