Italeri 1/72 Italian S-79 Sparviero

D

Deleted member 7917

Stunning work, Ron. How are you thinking of displaying it? Cabinet, diorama, shelf?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You got every reason to be happy with that Ron! Tha's an excellent bit of painting!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That looks fantastic Ron that camo is so distinctive and well applied

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant brush work , and what a result. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Concerned with very muddy back ground, are you suffering flood damage ?

453 @ pumps r us

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ron

That is a superb camo rendering. Very nicely done.

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys,

Murfie - Once I've taken a few shots of the finished model, it'll go straight into the loft along with most of my other models, to be sorted by my sons when I peg out.....

453 - Thank you for your concern about our flood damage. It has been sorted now. I was given your contact details, but if for one minute you think I would hire a pump from a firm who can't even get an 'R' the right way round - Forget it!

Yours swimmingly.

Muddy Waters

Oh, I nearly forgot. The aircraft is ready for decals. A no drama build of a very cob looking aircraft. The cockpit has nice raised frame detail, so as I haven't the skill or patience to use masks for this, the freehand painting was straight forward.

As I wrote above here is just one part of a very cob design. The two outer engines are set at a different angle to the middle one. I thought I'd dropped a bollock, but that's how they were.
P1260739.JPG

General views....
The 'Zoom Merchants' will notice the green engine bands are a bit wonky. There is a wrap around decal to go on, so the minor indiscretion will be covered up.
P1260751.JPG

P1260752.JPG

P1260753.JPG

The pointed thingy on the leading edge isn't bent. It's the camera angle.....
P1260754.JPG

Decals next.

Thanks for looking and for your contributions. Much appreciated.

Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice build of an unusual and interesting aircraft....For example, the middle engine looks like an afterthought, though it was common in thirties designs. Also strikes me that with skill like that you could get a job repainting giraffes.......

D

Deleted member 7917

Murfie - Once I've taken a few shots of the finished model, it'll go straight into the loft along with most of my other models, to be sorted by my sons when I peg out.....
You sound like me - you get the main pleasure from the build process. Nice photos and a job well done. Now you have the challenge of finding something to top that one. Should you get desperate you could always try hand-painting some WWI lozenge ... :tongue-out3:

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Absolutely stunning! Very well done indeed!

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a cracker! Looks shiny, you put a varnish on there Ron? If so, what sort?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great and amusing posts, boys. All good fun!

You sound like me - you get the main pleasure from the build process.

Spot on Murfie.
No one I know is interested in model making, and in any case, I'm not into displaying stuff even if they were.

Dave, it's coat of 'Klear' ready for the decals.

Thanks again, all.
Ron

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice model. I always liked the look of this plane, and I also like the way you’ve built and painted it :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastico! What a paint job . it looks superb , looking forward to seeing it with the decals on , saluti ! Antonio

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm afraid I'm one of those 'Low Life's' who follows 'If it ain't seen, it don't get done', so because it will hardly be seen, I've kept the cockpit detail to a minimum.- strange configuration.

I have formed a group to help people exactly like you. It's important that you don't blame yourself and with the help of others, with similar issues, I'm sure you will feel much better about yourself.
You are not a low-life, you are the king of the world!

A nosey do-gooder esq.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Such nice comments from talented modellers like yourselves is praise indeed. Thank you peeps.

A. Nosey Do-Gooder.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I felt I was alone with this all compelling urge to leave huge areas of a model unmade, just because they were forever out of view and a total waste of time gluing together and painting.
I can't thank you enough. My whole world is brighter from reading your post.

Yours.
Robin Banks

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Stunning paint job Ron, my house would look superb in that scheme, not so sure about the misses lol

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
No one I know is interested in model making, and in any case, I'm not into displaying stuff even if they were.

You should oughta at least bring that to Cosford next year. You may not have neighbours interested in your builds, but I know we (The Cosford Massive) would like to see it!

I assume you brush painted the Klear coat. How did you get it so shiny, my Klear coats stay dull no matter how many I apply?