M2A1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi All,

Not a lot of progress, but I have managed to put some paint on. The base colour was Tamyia Olive Drab, This was then lightened with some flesh. It appears a bit stark at the moment but the next processes should blend it in. The seats have been blocked in with dark leather brown. The whole lot has been sprayed with clear ready for the next stage. I have also done a little work on the base.
DSCF1470.JPGDSCF1471.JPGDSCF1472.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul .
Love it, the pre shading looks great, the paint work looks up to your normal high standard.
Is the kettle back on yet ? :smiling2:
John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WELL WELL WELL... Paul is back... lovely detailing... keep it coming..

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back at the bench mate. Send some of your mojo my way was I havnt looked at my Quad tractor for about a month:disappointed:

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
WELL WELL WELL... Paul is back... lovely detailing... keep it coming..
Great to see you back at the bench mate. Send some of your mojo my way was I havnt looked at my Quad tractor for about a month:disappointed:
Greg, Thanks mate.
Steve, I have put some mojo in an envelope so when you get it get the quad out.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
are you going to make a diorama with your halftrack?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another small update,
Decals have been applied, the pioneer tools have had the colours blocked in and the first pin wash has been applied. This has now been put to one side. The next job will be to work on the chassis and to make the stowage. The finish looks a bit rough but still lots to do. Chipping and weathering to come.
DSCF1483.JPGDSCF1485.JPGDSCF1486.JPGDSCF1487.JPG

also plodding on slowly with the base it has been covered in plaster and have started on the shop window and shutters. Please ignore the bad fit and gaps the sections have not been attached yet they are just resting against each other.
Ant tips or suggestions will be very welcome.
DSCF1488.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
So sorry for not commenting sooner Scottie, and it's one of my favorite vehicles....:upside:
All the etch work looks great:smiling:, so neat and clean.
Paintjob and weathering is great too, very smart to keep all the major parts separated for the painting, will keep it in mind.:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
So sorry for not commenting sooner Scottie, and it's one of my favorite vehicles....:upside:
All the etch work looks great:smiling:, so neat and clean.
Paintjob and weathering is great too, very smart to keep all the major parts separated for the painting, will keep it in mind.:thumb2:
Fernando, No worries there are a lot of excellent builds on here to keep up with, but glad your here now.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The process continues slowly. I have added another pin wash and highlights also some light chipping . I have added accumulated dirt to the chassis and the underside of the body work. I was hoping to achieve a dryish look not actual mud. The weathering will be inished when it is assembled. The next stage will be to make some stowage. et me know what you think warts and all
.DSCF1489.JPGDSCF1490.JPGDSCF1491.JPGDSCF1492.JPGDSCF1493.JPGDSCF1494.JPGDSCF1495.JPG
I have noticed a few things I have missed from the pictures so I will put them right. I have left the decal of the fire extinguisher and I need to touch up one of the seat backs.

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hiya Scottie,
Good to see some progress on the halftrack. Like what you’ve done with the weathering....coming along nicely mate:thumb2: