Mick's Scania S770 4x2 Italeri 1/24.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
HI Doug i use G-Mail but its to do with norton i think an im in a low megabyte eara so p/c not good an slow take 5 mins to come on an its full of junk as its in the red on secrerity an i have got to get some more norton securtiy fitted next week an if they say i need my p/c cleaned then i will be off line for wks till they send it away an till i get it back just got to hope i dont lose all my emails addreses as this happened last time i had this trouble an to get back on this forum hope you understand Doug as im not good on computers so when i do eventually get my p/c back could you guys email mail then i can send to you
chrisb
Norton used to be terrible at slowing pc’s down. One of the reasons I went Apple!!
You two really had me confused for a minute, I went to answer Scottie and thought I was on the wrong post

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Its not a problem Doug I just get confused easily :smiling:
Well actually....
I have moved the posts to Chris's combine thread. Where they belong.

I am glad that you are now back in the fight and have not given up. Be aware that there will be a gap at the bottom of the main cab and the lower front, the part that is fixed to the chassis rails. The front bit is fixed but the cab is on spring mounts to give a better ride, so needs a bit of wiggle room.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Well actually....
I have moved the posts to Chris's combine thread. Where they belong.

I am glad that you are now back in the fight and have not given up. Be aware that there will be a gap at the bottom of the main cab and the lower front, the part that is fixed to the chassis rails. The front bit is fixed but the cab is on spring mounts to give a better ride, so needs a bit of wiggle room.
Thanks for that Ian, I have enough trouble with the gaps that shouldn't be there at the moment so knowing in advance that there's one that should be there is one less headache.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
As others have said looks good I to will have that cab problem but I will tackle that when I come to it

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mick, if the cab still leans, put a fat bloke in the seat reading a newspaper and a baco butty on the dash.
I share your pain with how an easy job can ruin a day totally.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick, if the cab still leans, put a fat bloke in the seat reading a newspaper and a baco butty on the dash.
I share your pain with how an easy job can ruin a day totally.
It's just getting it squared up now, the attachments points on the front windscreen pillars where the doors attach are so thin when I could really do with something a little more substantial. Back at it Monday when I finish early shifts

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm another one that is glad you didn't bin this kit Mick. A few cold ones always give you a different outlook on the whole situation Buddy! I am curious about one thing though....This new modeling technique you used,

I just sat and looked at it Jim, and decided tomorrow is another day and slept on it
Very intriguing and we all want to know how it works. Did you put it under your pillow or under the mattress to straighten it out??? It seems to have worked!!!...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'm another one that is glad you didn't bin this kit Mick. A few cold ones always give you a different outlook on the whole situation Buddy! I am curious about one thing though....This new modeling technique you used,

Very intriguing and we all want to know how it works. Did you put it under your pillow or under the mattress to straighten it out??? It seems to have worked!!!...

Prost
Allen
I'm not sure about divulging those kind of secrets on here :smiling:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Mick

Sorry, not had a chance to look at this until now.

Two things from my side......

Firstly well done what you've scheduled so far. It looks very good considering the problems you've had work out battling you the whole way. Well done indeed.

Remind me NEVER to but an Italian truck kit..... ;)

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Mick

Sorry, not had a chance to look at this until now.

Two things from my side......

Firstly well done what you've scheduled so far. It looks very good considering the problems you've had work out battling you the whole way. Well done indeed.

Remind me NEVER to but an Italian truck kit..... ;)

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew and to think I have another lined up to convert to right hand drive.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Well the roof is on, far from perfect and I may have to slightly alter the brackets for the wind deflector on one side but that’s easy enough. Then some complete numb skull put a drop of CA on the corner of the passenger side window, yep guilty as charged. I’ve been told that acetone is good to remove it but that’s for tomorrow now.
481BB046-955E-45D1-BB2A-00BA0DD972D6.jpeg

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well the roof is on, far from perfect and I may have to slightly alter the brackets for the wind deflector on one side but that’s easy enough. Then some complete numb skull put a drop of CA on the corner of the passenger side window, yep guilty as charged. I’ve been told that acetone is good to remove it but that’s for tomorrow now.
View attachment 490462
Acetone!!! Another school day :thumb2:
I learn more every day I spend on here.