Mick's Scania S770 4x2 Italeri 1/24.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not sure you want to put acetone on your clear plastic. Try it on a bit of sprue or a spare window if you have one.
Not sure if debonder would be a better bet.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mick, I have some VMS Glue-Remove, styrene friendly ca debonder / remover.

I haven't tried it myself but you're welcome to borrow it if it helps.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick,
Looking good hope you get rid of the CA.
Thanks pal
Acetone!!! Another school day :thumb2:
I learn more every day I spend on here.
Several other things out there as well but including WD40 apparently
Not sure you want to put acetone on your clear plastic. Try it on a bit of sprue or a spare window if you have one.
Not sure if debonder would be a better bet.
I have done a test first and you’re probably right about the debonder
Mick, I have some VMS Glue-Remove, styrene friendly ca debonder / remover.

I haven't tried it myself but you're welcome to borrow it if it helps.
Many thanks Andy that’s very kind of you but I actually have some debonder on order, you need to give it a try

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A little more progress today, the slight difference in roof height on the passenger side has caused a minor fit problem with one of the wind deflectors but I don’t care now, a bit of sanding and touch up will help.
This next part is a little strange, it’s the adjuster handle for the roof air deflector. It’s a straight forward fit into the roof but the actual handle is moulded 6mm too long it has to be trimmed and glued back together, I wonder if it’s used on another version of the Scania? Anyway it’s done and fitted, really can’t wait to build another one

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
This is certainly fighting you all the way Mick. I'm sure you'll sort the wayward CA blob along with all the other issues.
Despite everything it's looking good and I have no doubt you'll get there.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
This is certainly fighting you all the way Mick. I'm sure you'll sort the wayward CA blob along with all the other issues.
Despite everything it's looking good and I have no doubt you'll get there.
It’s certainly a live one Jim
But in some strange way interesting. I got a parcel on the way from kit form services. Got the vat bill from customs today so not long now.
I’ve got a right hand drive set for a Scania so can’t waste it. Intrigued by what you’ve ordered

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Meanwhile on a very positive note, I reverted to aircraft cockpit polishing for the CA blob on the glass (way too impatient to wait for glue remover) and it worked a treat, Back to building

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I’ve got a right hand drive set for a Scania so can’t waste it. Intrigued by what you’ve ordered
Its just a few bits to build a conversion. Turning an R540 4x2 into a T570... 6x4 lol

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Would that be using Tamiya polishing pastes or similar?

Glad that's done :thumb2:
Different grades of sanding pads and finished with a Tamiya polish. Quite daunting when you start as it looks dreadful but it does work as I found doing 2 F-16 canopies.
Its just a few bits to build a conversion. Turning an R540 4x2 into a T570... 6x4 lol
Oh right just a little job, those T cabs do look smart

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Mick, the Scania really did come out most excellently!!!. Everything looks nice and tight and square too Sir. You really have to tell us about your 'MMMM'* way of doing it...Are you going to throw some licence plates on her or are you going to drive around the neighborhood illegally???...

* Mick's Mystical Mattress Method

Prost
Allen