Oh dear it's a 1/72 Bristol Beveldere

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mango season is in and the trees along the neighborhood roads are heavy with them jewels. While walking the puppy...yes I now have a rescued puppy, Sebastian's his name, I took some photos...

20231101_085234.jpg20231101_085009.jpg
The ones that have been wrapped with paper or plastic bags are the ones that are sweet and protected from birds and squirrels. The small species are sour, good for pickling or cooking curry's and chutney.

Cheers,
Wabble

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
They look delicious. Good for you rescuing Sebastian. How about a picture of the little fellow :smiling:
Here he is at his first vaccination...

20231009_171456.jpg
SWMBO says not to tell him he's a mongrel to his face. He had an accident with a passing car and injured his left hind leg. Vet says he'll heal but might develop a slight limp that might not be noticeable. So far no problem with his legs. He was the same size as our largest cat, now they're wondering what kind of cat is this towering over them as they play.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Came across one mango version that can be eaten both green and ripened. It's the apple mango.

20231102_141515.jpg20231102_141531.jpg
This ones just a hands length away...so tempted to pluck it.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ditto, tons of respect for anyone who takes a rescue animal. You're a star Richard!
SWMBOs the star, Doug. She feeds the dogs everyday at her place of work and I got a call from her to get Sebastian to the vet after his accident. Was looking for someone to take him but we got attached.
Cute. Best dogs are often of indeterminate breed. Gotta love those ears.
Ears flopping viewed from the back as he trots. Now he has one up and the other down.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Always something new crops up. The row of grab handles I thought were there are actually vents in a funny sought of way. Here's what they look like attached...

20231105_144006.jpg
Made them from careful cutting of individual square holes on a single strip of thin plastic then slicing them into equal lengths and glueing them on. I thought of drilling holes but the cut outs were deep enough.
Three grab handles we added from brass wire.
20231105_144018.jpg
Re scribing four lines...
20231105_143958.jpg
And inserting more antennae to the belly along with a bump.
20231105_144031.jpg

Cheers,
Wabble

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Amazing as always, Richard. This is going to end up looking better than the real ones I have seen.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Outstanding
Amazing as always, Richard. This is going to end up looking better than the real ones I have seen.
John.
Thanks Scottie and John...I'd be so lucky. Some friends say if I leave off the rotors it can pass as a spaceship. :smiling6:
I swear I need to paint it soon and start on the base it will sit on.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It just gets better and better doesn't it. There is no end to Richards work. And the paint isn't even on yet!!! Wow.
Modelling at it's very best.
Thanks Doug and Jim, very encouraging but don't give me too much credit as I'm just a modelling bloke like everyone here. A bit crazy though for choosing challenging subjects. Probably fall asleep with the shake and bake stuff but will occasionally do one for relaxation and know that the hobby is moving ahead and I'm keeping abreast of things. As Dave L said there's no bad kit ... but I think there are annoying ones. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very close now to painting...these are the components after final priming. The tyres have been pre- painted.

20231107_190814.jpg20231107_190955.jpg
Some adjustments were made to the canopy masking by shrinking the windows a little to allow for the rubber seals surround. Still thinking of adding those wriggly things on the top of the rotor hubs.

Cheers,
Wabble