Pacific Carrier/Aircraft chat thread.

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have decided that this is an ideal time for me to build my first ever Japanese warship (hard to believe) - the Aoshima 1/700 IJN Seaplane Carrier Chitose (00123). My kit is on order so I will set up my build thread later in the month when I return from holibobs.

In the meantime you can read the Scalemates entry for this kit, here

Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’ve changed my mind and this is my new entry for the GB. If I get done with this I might build the other one. Karl I did my homework on this one this one fought in the Pacific Theater very early in the war it haled from the USS Enterprise.
7E3E36BC-C90F-454E-A182-44B75C9F29C7.jpeg05D75039-16B7-4C17-B904-0BE4B41D664A.jpeg

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I’ve changed my mind and this is my new entry for the GB. If I get done with this I might build the other one. Karl I did my homework on this one this one fought in the Pacific Theater very early in the war it haled from the USS Enterprise.
View attachment 479376View attachment 479377
Don't doubt you Lee.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Not long now, time to check your paints and any AM bling you need.
1wzra5gqc6

Last edited:

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I know!! I'll get him to do it for our GB!!
The service I used to use is now no more and I could of. This one only allows a 30day maximum.
I thought about adding it to my signature, but in a more subdued format, but can't get the BB code to work.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The service I used to use is now no more and I could of. This one only allows a 30day maximum.
I thought about adding it to my signature, but in a more subdued format, but can't get the BB code to work.

I think BB code in signatures is very limited. I tried getting the link to my Flickr album collection to actually be active but couldn't work it out, so had to settle for making it a different colour to make it obvious..... Anyone who's interested then has to copy it into the browser for it to work.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I think BB code in signatures is very limited. I tried getting the link to my Flickr album collection to actually be active but couldn't work it out, so had to settle for making it a different colour to make it obvious..... Anyone who's interested then has to copy it into the browser for it to work.
I think I've a workaround, but it's a bit long winded and then what's basically an animated signature can be very distracting so probably best I don't.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t think I’ve posted my victim yet….
Here it is……a very big box for a single engined 1/48 aircraft……
9D259596-4C9B-4D64-B9D6-B7F917BC5314.jpeg
I left the chair in to give scale…..
I have some paint masks on order….don’t want to manually mask that glasshouse……
It’s been on the shelf for a good few years, so I was very pleased when I opened the box and found these…..
F65D5421-2674-4D3C-9628-D3D089ED4FE8.jpeg
Can’t hurt can they…..it’s going to be the most complex aircraft I’ve built so far, wingfold and all……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Depends what they are for really….I have a comprehensive supply of strip and rod in my build stash, so they may get replaced. They may not get used at all, of course, depending on what they are for…..there’s more etch on the back mind…..two frets per bag….

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok, I give in , I probably shouldnt as the three months time window is a bit tight for my current build rate but what the hell I’m in ! Luckily I picked up a nice subject at the Hinckley show a few weeks back , so two weeks to go then - BANZAI !!!3E7AA00A-5DD8-4536-AA9F-568C8638E1FE.jpeg

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Depends what they are for really….I have a comprehensive supply of strip and rod in my build stash, so they may get replaced. They may not get used at all, of course, depending on what they are for…..there’s more etch on the back mind…..two frets per bag….
Ignition wires for the rockets......just had a look over the instructions, as I've already stated, "Looks fun."
Fun2.jpg