• Start date

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Ok lads think I'll be sticking to acrylic :smiling3: Keep up the great work Ken

D

Deleted member 3568

I think you have been very lucky, I still remember the dressing down I got from the doctor all those yrs ago, apparently if you breathe in to much of those vapours the effects are irreversible.

P

Plastickitbasher

Great work so far, keep going as this is one to watch.

D

dougie

\ said:
That is true that it has isocyanate properties, however after 50+ years of being in the body/refinishing industry and using 2k materials regularly I'm still around.
I didn't always take the necessary precautions (foolish I know) and as yet not suffered any ill effects.

Incidently the iso component is in the hardener.

So one sniff could kill is maybe a little over the top. ;) ;) ;)
\ said:
That is true that it has isocyanate properties, however after 50+ years of being in the body/refinishing industry and using 2k materials regularly I'm still around.
I didn't always take the necessary precautions (foolish I know) and as yet not suffered any ill effects.

Incidently the iso component is in the hardener.

So one sniff could kill is maybe a little over the top. ;) ;) ;)
I would love to use 2k but some h&s stuff I read said one inhalation could lead and has done to irreversible health effects. I don't have forced air breathing gear or amazing extraction and I use a small spray gun which overpowered the extractor so I haven't used it yet. What would you suggest is required to do it safely?

First Name
Marc
What's wrong with it? Looks good to me. Its a very complex dashboard to paint and i think it looks great. I like in particular the dials and sat nav system. Never consider the bin, always try to make good, and if you really do feel that its not your best effort then you need to study why and learn from it, after all thats what it's all about, the enjoyment of learning new techniques, and the journey of why some builds look better than others.

If you want a perfect model than model making isnt the route to take, just buy a manufactured one off the shelf.

Some models just dont seem to go well, my last nissan 98c race car was in many ways a disaster, you should read the build thread.

But im glad i perservered and made good the things i wasn't happy with and now when i pick up the model and i see the mistakes on it and the cover ups and compromises i have a story that is building within my collection that is interesting and fascinating in my development as a model builder.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I agree with everything Marc as already said. I'm doing a 1/24 airfix 109 at the mo a right pig of a kit full of make do mend fill sand fix and compromise but I ain't gonna let it beat me.

So chin up mate your doing a good job lets see some more please.

Cheers John

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
yeh more build and more pics great job really nice dashboard:D

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well after a lot of retouching and smoothing I've got the dash satisfactory, its not great but it will have to do, I've made some break pipes from the sevo and added the vacuum pipe (not sure where it fits on this car but its usually on the inlet manifold smo)View attachment 121453

View attachment 121455

View attachment 121456

View attachment 121457

View attachment 121459

View attachment 121460

View attachment 121461

View attachment 121462

View attachment 121463

View attachment 121465

DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0227.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0231.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
great work ken you'll work it out it should show you on the instructions where they go eventually:D

D

Deleted member 3568

It won't jim since the break pipes and vacuum hose and not part of the kit I added those.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well whilst doing some weathering on the engine bay I started to think all this work on the engine and engine bay and you wont see any of it when its finished so, I thought, what about an engine hoist and doing it with the engine being removed, now my question is would it be possible to remove the engine and gearbox complete or would I have to separate them (which would then mean making a flywheel and bell housing and the splined shaft for the gearbox, also what else would be removed to get the engine out, I assume the injection system?View attachment 121603

View attachment 121604

View attachment 121605

View attachment 121606

View attachment 121607

View attachment 121608

View attachment 121609

View attachment 121610

View attachment 121611

View attachment 121612

View attachment 121614

View attachment 121615

View attachment 121617

View attachment 121619

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0241.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0250.JPG

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0254.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
great work ken keep the pics coming looking good :D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Taking it to the next level........I like it!:cool:

I can hear my 1/12 Nissan Fairlady calling..........:rolleyes:

First Name
Robert
\ said:
I did a crashed VW van being towed by a recovery truck years ago, I set fire to the front rgt hand side of the VW and when well alight I droped it on the floor worked a treat.
here is tonights update

View attachment 132606

View attachment 132607

Ive tried to distress the seats a bit as this is supposed to be a used car.

View attachment 132608 View attachment 132609
PUt a kid of 7 in the car for 3 hours and you can distress the hell out of any internal vehicle. We had my nephews little one in the car not long back, crisps spilt juice I even found the little #### had even stuffed a liquorice all sort in the jack

Kids they have no respect ( and it takes ages to clean!!

Robert

D

dougie

\ said:
PUt a kid of 7 in the car for 3 hours and you can distress the hell out of any internal vehicle. We had my nephews little one in the car not long back, crisps spilt juice I even found the little #### had even stuffed a liquorice all sort in the jack
Kids they have no respect ( and it takes ages to clean!!

Robert
My R32 has recaro's, one of which is now scuffed to bits and the rear seats after covered in glitter. Yay!

What's worse is the other half has crap cd's in the cd player!

I need a week off to clay Polish and wax it too haha.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
My R32 has recaro's, one of which is now scuffed to bits and the rear seats after covered in glitter. Yay!
What's worse is the other half has crap cd's in the cd player!

I need a week off to clay Polish and wax it too haha.
A wife should know her place ( kitchen or a shoe shop)

I'm gonna pay for this comment I'm sure

Her CDs are all bloody musicals and they clash with my music!!

I got new seat covers aswell and she has already spilt coffee on them and went into glove box to get my phone charger the other day and I'm sorry but personal women's thingy don't live there!!!!

Sorry I'm losing the plot here and going off on a tangen!!!

Robert