Scotties Airfix M3A1 Scout car.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great work on the base so far Paul and the paint is looking good.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I have added the light guards from etch and brass plus the cable into the light itself. Having a play adding stowage and checking it for look. It comes from Red Zebra and is beautifully cast. It's only held on with blue tack at the moment. The jerry cans come from the Tamyia Allied set.

View attachment 504100

View attachment 504101

View attachment 504102View attachment 504103

The stowage will be tied on later.
I thought you had a glint in your eye when we were looking at all their wonderfull castings....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh wow, you've come a long way since I last popped in to read up on your build Scottie. Stunning as ever.
Cheers Doug progress is slow but hopefully heading in the right direction.
I thought you had a glint in your eye when we were looking at all their wonderfull castings....
Mike, yup got those for this very project. I think you will agree they are nicely moulded.
What a shame that all the hard work has to be covered with paint on both these builds - the vehicle and the base...
I am not going to add to the plaudits given above except Cor! Wow! Sigh! Glug!
View attachment 505511
At least the paint will cover up all the mistakes.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
At least the paint will cover up all the mistakes.
Sorry Bro, but I'm with what much Olderthanme said...If there are mistakes, then they are on the original vehicle too!!! Top work and that dio is looking most outrageous. It's the little details that make it shine. I really liked the little yellow, blue, and green lights on the edge of the stream. Okay, they were pins, but they looked cool!!! Bring it home Paul, as It's looking sooooo good!!!...Happy Easter...

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Allen,
Thanks mate really glad you like it, I don't think I will keep the lights though. And a Happy Easter to you as well mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi CITB has been added and the stowage hung on the sides. It has also received my normal oil pin washes and minor chipping. The underside has been dirted under the arches. I wasn't overly fussed about doing the whole of the underside just the bits you will see. Yes I know that's lazy.

DSCF4221.JPG

It gets a little picture heavy here for which I apologise. But please be brutally honest and point out things that don't look right or could be improved.

DSCF4222.JPG

DSCF4226.JPG

DSCF4227.JPG

DSCF4224.JPG

DSCF4229.JPG

DSCF4230.JPG

thanks for looking
Scottie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Seriously though , its superb paul , all the extras loaded onto it look amazing , cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That has come out really well Scottie - nice job!
Steve
Thank you Steve it's far from perfect but hopefully an improvement on the kit offering.
Seriously though , its superb paul , all the extras loaded onto it look amazing , cheers tony
Tony thanks mate and your right about the matt, I should treat myself to a new one.
Superb Scottie….all the extra CITB looks excellent :thumb2:
Si, thank you appreciate the comment.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul,

the paint job on the stowage and tarps is superb…every piece fits appropriately and just makes everything else about this build just pop….your skills are amazing

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Omg Paul.Late to parade boss.Ive missed some modelling wizadry here.In awe of your model and diorama work.
As Papa John might say the Dogs danglies.
Hope you bring it to a show mate.Maybe Littleport in June!!.
Richard.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,

the paint job on the stowage and tarps is superb…every piece fits appropriately and just makes everything else about this build just pop….your skills are amazing
Joe, Thanks mate. If my base works out half as good as your present build I will be a happy man.
Excellent Paul!
Pete
Thank you Pete, appreciate it.
Stowage is looking excellent.
Thank you kindly mate.
Omg Paul.Late to parade boss.Ive missed some modelling wizadry here.In awe of your model and diorama work.
As Papa John might say the Dogs danglies.
Hope you bring it to a show mate.Maybe Littleport in June!!.
Richard.
Richard, no worries glad you here.