Scotties Airfix M3A1 Scout car.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just to give the eyesight a rest and let the black base coat dry nice and hard. I though I would make a start on the base. I decided to recycle an old building and add it to a new base. The plan is to show an old goods yard. The main parts are roughed out. and nothing is stuck down yet. The rail track looks a bit proud at the moment as again its not stuck down. Any suggestions as to what to add Will be great fully received.

DSCF4200.JPG

DSCF4201.JPG

There will be a hand rail around the edge when I work out how to make it.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks a neat, well thought out start on the base. It will be good to see how it develops.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks a neat, well thought out start on the base. It will be good to see how it develops.
Thanks Jim. I always struggle with ideas for bases.
Ammo crates on the dock & two runs of 2" iron pipe as railing at the street edge.
I like the sound of that. The iron pipe fence was what I had in mind.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have started to add detail to the basic sections. Some exposed brickwork on the platform and cracking of the concrete. I have fashioned a pipe fence which looks wonky as it's not secured to the base. I have tried to show a couple of damaged posts with a bit of the rebar showing. Also started to populate the scene this is just for an idea. I made a very crude wooden crate and covered it with a tarp made from greenstuff.

DSCF4203.JPG

DSCF4205.JPG

DSCF4206.JPG

DSCF4207.JPG

DSCF4208.JPG

any suggestions or advise will be great fully received.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Another WOW from me Scottie. The skills and attention to detail you have shown in building your vehicle is also showing in this dio base.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Freakin' WOW Bro!!!! I'll write more later after I calm down, Paul...

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen that is very kind of you.
Another WOW from me Scottie. The skills and attention to detail you have shown in building your vehicle is also showing in this dio base.
Cheers Jim, it's been a while since I did a base and I had forgotten how much fun they are to do.
Love it all but that tarp is top work Paul !
Thanks Ron they are easy to do my big problem is not getting finger prints in them lol.
John there's not a lot you can say to that lol.
Nice union. Looks good.
Cheers Paul. I'm not 100% sure it's the right building for the location but I'm happy with it.
Wow, Paul. Your bases are as impressive as your vehicles.
John.
Thanks John they are fun to do.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Don't know how I missed the start of this build. Amazing work which I don't even dream of doing. The door lock is, well dont think theres a suitable adjective. Think I'll go and find a corner somewhere and cry my self to sleep. But still watching...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don't know how I missed the start of this build. Amazing work which I don't even dream of doing. The door lock is, well dont think theres a suitable adjective. Think I'll go and find a corner somewhere and cry my self to sleep. But still watching...
Andy, no worries it is hard to keep up I miss lots of builds and thanks very much for the kind words.
Inspiring stuff as always paul , loving the cracked concrete post , your usual flawless attention to tiny detail , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, it is fun trying to add these things. I have a fence very like it near me that's where I got the idea from.
Just come across this today (sorry) and I'm gob smacked :smiling3: superb work Paul
Brian, no worries as I said to Andy there is so many great builds going on it is hard to keep up. Very kind of you to say.
Well Paul I’ve just looked through this build for the first time, what fantastic work your putting into this. Very late but I’ve now pulled up my chair.
Ian, no worries mate better late than never.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Took delivery of a new compressor today and set about adding a bit of paint to the build.

First of all the base was sealed with some flat black.
DSCF4210.JPG

Next some OD and highlights. And the tarps received a base coat.

DSCF4211.JPG

DSCF4212.JPG

Next the crap in the back received some block colours ready for detailing.

DSCF4213.JPG

it doesn't show very well but there are a few different greens being used.

DSCF4215.JPG

cheers
Scottie