Scotties Airfix M3A1 Scout car.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have added a bit more clutter to the inside and tried to get that lived in look.

DSCF4231.JPG

DSCF4232.JPG

I added a wire but and sling to the M3 Grease gun.

Just have to add the wheels and Finish detailing the .50 cal. then the vehicle will be done and work can progress on the base.

cheers
Scottie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You know, those photos of the interior now suddenly have me wondering where the fuel tank was on the M3A1 scout car. This, of course, because I can’t help comparing it to the M2 halftrack I’m building, which has prominent fuel tanks along the rear sides, but I don’t see anything resembling a fuel tank in here.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You know, those photos of the interior now suddenly have me wondering where the fuel tank was on the M3A1 scout car. This, of course, because I can’t help comparing it to the M2 halftrack I’m building, which has prominent fuel tanks along the rear sides, but I don’t see anything resembling a fuel tank in here.
I think but I wouldn't swear to it, it or they were under the front seats. Similar to an old military land rover. As I am sure I saw a picture of a filler cap just inside the door in one of my references.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul ALL details are awesome! I like the Lucky Strike cig pack on the seat. U.S. GI’s smoked a many of them over there.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I think but I wouldn't swear to it, it or they were under the front seats. Similar to an old military land rover. As I am sure I saw a picture of a filler cap just inside the door in one of my references.
Under the front seats, like the early Land Rovers..

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I am pleased you warned everyone about the amount of pics you put up, I am here to warn them about your holiday snapszzzzzz.....

That is, or has got to be your best build to date, and I am pleased there is a photo record of your build. That way those who have missed this exceptional build can look on and wonder....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Love that film and anything else by Mel Brookes.
Under the front seats, like the early Land Rovers..
I am pleased you warned everyone about the amount of pics you put up, I am here to warn them about your holiday snapszzzzzz.....

That is, or has got to be your best build to date, and I am pleased there is a photo record of your build. That way those who have missed this exceptional build can look on and wonder....
Mike that is very kind of you to say mate. I must admit I am happy with it given it's the most substantial scratch build I have undertaken. I have some holiday snaps if you would like to see them, now where did I leave those albums?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well I must admit I am relieved I have fitted the wheels and it sits with no rocking. That said the wheel base is slightly out but nothing to drastic and considering it was all done by eye I am happy.

Just a few more pics, I know I'm sorry of it with wheels on and .50 cal fitted.

DSCF4233.JPG
DSCF4234.JPG
DSCF4235.JPG

DSCF4236.JPG

DSCF4239.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is a superb result Scottie. The details you've added really enhance the model. Love the cigarettes and the crate of beer/wine.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Needs a Zippo to go with the Luckies! ;)
Pete

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Only one thing to say... Bloody brilliant.
One question though, how did you do the damage to the front mud guard?