Something big and German-Bf110

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is Scott's (Noble) fault!

Having seen the progress on his Heinkel 111 I decided I had to do something big and German, as the title suggests. Since my 'stash' consists of just two kits (I'm a builder not a collector!) I only had one choice and this is it:

View attachment 124130

The other half of the stash is a Tamiya P-51, but that's for another day :smiling3:

I haven't read a review or even opened this box yet. I'm hoping it will be a decent kit, it will be if their Bf 109 is anything to go by.

I hope I can make something that looks better than the awful box art.

More to come.

Cheers

Steve

Bf110_BOX_zpsriwpwo2q.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

I'm sure you will do it justice Steve, as always. The 110 is a cracking plane and it will be interesting to see this manufacturer's interpretation of it.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Steve its a great kit and a real pleasurable build.

I did another version of this kit but most of the parts will be the same.

Some pointers - the instructions were awful on mine, totally inadequate not sure if they corrected them in later versions of the kit. I downloaded the instructions for the Eduard 1/48 Bf110 which were more use than the Dragon ones!!!

There are also some good on-line reviews, a couple that itemise most of the problems with the instructions pointing out the correct kit part number, part positioning and part not mentioned in the instructions. So it is well worth doing some research. I had about four documents to guide my build in all not counting any additional research I did.

If you want to fit the engine panels then you need to leave out the engines. Its easy enough but you will need to use plastic card to get good joins.

Here is a link to my post

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/dragon-1-32-scale-messerschmidt-bf110c-7.25416/

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Barry, very helpful.

I'd forgotten about your build, very nice it was too. Looks like I need to do a bit of research on the kit before I start!

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Nice one Steve.

I'm glad to see you building again :smiling3:

Polux

D

Deleted member 4539

That is gonna be huge.

Have fun with this and it should turn out great. :smiling3:

N

noble

That's a nice lookin kit steve and the work you do and the finishes you achieve....well I've got my popcorn and iam glad that its my fault.

scott

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've had a quick look at the contents.

The box art and profiles in the kit are wrong as that aircraft had the extended 'boat tail'. I think I've found the bits to do this.

I haven't found the bits for the extra 75 litre oil tank that this aircraft carried under the fuselage so I'll either make something else or scratch build one. The large under wing fuel tanks, the 198 litre version, often with fins, isn't included either. I'm a bit worried now about what else will be wrong. I haven't even started to check the minor variations between the E and other variants (pitot, tail wheel, rudder trim tabs, windscreen armour and a host more).

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice choice steve , its going to be a big un! The box art is a bit cheapo isnt it !! Hopefully itll be a better build , Barrys certainly looked superb when it was done , cheers tony

J

John Rixon

\ said:
I've had a quick look at the contents.
The box art and profiles in the kit are wrong as that aircraft had the extended 'boat tail'. I think I've found the bits to do this.

I haven't found the bits for the extra 75 litre oil tank that this aircraft carried under the fuselage so I'll either make something else or scratch build one. The large under wing fuel tanks, the 198 litre version, often with fins, isn't included either. I'm a bit worried now about what else will be wrong. I haven't even started to check the minor variations between the E and other variants (pitot, tail wheel, rudder trim tabs, windscreen armour and a host more).

Cheers

Steve
The box art is seven shades of wrong perspective wise! I'm sure the contents are fine, but that's the shoddiest box art I've seen for a while! Far wing is bigger than the foreground wing, such an oddity, for most of the time, I am filled with joy at the skills of the model box illustrators:smiling3:

J

John Rixon

Really gonna follow this though...I have an Eduard 110 in my stash!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I hope I can make something that looks better than the awful box art.

Steve
Of course you will Steve so I'm looking forward to this.

Mind you, it still won't be as big as an He111. Hint, hint! :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
thats going to be one big bugger looking forward to seeing you get under way

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be in on this one Steve,should be an interesting build, :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I had every intention of starting this next week but sadly (or happily depending on your point of view) another job has come up which I couldn't turn down. It's only for a week, so I'll delay the

kick off for seven days or so and revive the thread when I get some bits stuck together.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Robert
I started my he111 ages ago but lost some ventral glass so I'm hoping to source this ( 1/32 scale he 111 is huge but always wanted to do the Me110 in the G series loved the radar set on the nose and think not sure did it also have the upward firing cannon n the fuselage? Also I hare 1/32 me 109 in the stash

How much you pay for the 110? Just out of curiosity

Regards

Robert

D

Dave1973

\ said:
The box art is seven shades of wrong perspective wise! I'm sure the contents are fine, but that's the shoddiest box art I've seen for a while! Far wing is bigger than the foreground wing, such an oddity, for most of the time, I am filled with joy at the skills of the model box illustrators:smiling3:
Stona, you best get the sprues with the wings on outta the box, and see if the same guy who painted rhe box did the tooling!

You might end up with EXACTLY as shown on the box!!