Sopwith camel 1/28 by me Ole

D

dubster72

That looks.... complicated! I'd plug the holes with some scrap plastic & then add filler & sand as usual Ole. You're gonna have fun with this one! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

S

Sky Raider

Yep, a lot of work ahead but it will be worth it and im sure will look fantastic once you work your magic.

Andy

M

mobear

you wanta here something funny,the plastic on this one feels so strange and soft,not like modern kits,i played with a sprue and the glue turned it like treacle,so i have to be so sparing.and the scratch building for some bits has to be os the same plastic.however i think with all the SOS`s i`m gonna send out i might get barred from here lol hahahaha

mobear

M

mobear

just finished first run of engine just to give you all a look.I used all enamels aluminium then brass,then rust colour.after that has nearly set i used an iron colour mixed with brassView attachment 41932 will add leakage and heat stain once fully dried

View attachment 45320

33 (6)1.jpg

B

Bunkerbarge

I think it is looking superb and I'm so pleased to see it being built. I actually bought that kit when i was at college in 1975 so not surprising that the quality isn't quite up to modern standards. Goodness knows what state the transfers are in!!

M

mobear

Richard all i can say is thank you for this,i will overcome all the problems it is throwing my way,as it is fun lol

mobear

D

dubster72

That engine looks great Ole. I know what you mean about the plastic though ; I had a little Matchbox Alphajet way back in the early 70's that melted coz the plastic was so soft!

I'm sure you'll turn this one into something special.

Cheers

Patrick

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thats one great looking radial engine Ole.

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ole like the rest have said its a great start, the engine looks topnotch. And dont you just love these challenging kits

M

mobear

okay heres more i have decided to scratch build the seat,i was not happy with the plastic one,i used guitar string wood from toothpick and my own rope hand made from sewing thread,i will give you all a video on how too for the rope later lol View attachment 41962asyou see i`m not finished yet but getting there

mobear

View attachment 45349

scratch build seat1.jpg

First Name
Michael
Hi, this is looking really great, love the engine, the colour and tone are just perfect, the thing looks heavy. Good job.

T

treyzx10r

Ole ,TWINS! You poor devil you lol. The build is looking great,the seat is awesome ,nicely done Sir!

First Name
Aaron
Fantastic scratching Ole!!

I find ww1 topics very interesting. Great job so far mate.

C

CDW

Great stuff so far Ole, all these little scratch built bits make a model that much better in my opinion.

\ said:
on the plus side i have found out my blood is red lol
It is when it comes out mate :smiling3: :smiling3: