Sopwith camel 1/28 by me Ole

V

Vajled

what to say mobear...

i'm looking and enjoying in your build...

so far just great stuff from you

Roman

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
for a whole hour i put wires on the spark plugs,i used earphone speaker wire,just was not happy with looking at it with no reference to it being an engine.so here u goView attachment 42028mobear
The great thing is that if there is no reference material no-one can say it is wrong! Looking great though, I always enjoy seeing what modellers can make of old kits.

A

andyrobs

Hi Mobear, this is looking really good. The engine and scratchbuilt seat are fantastic. I'll be following this one for sure mate.

Cheers, Andrew

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Very nice, very nice indeed, that engine and seat are works of art.

Great work Ole, keep it up.

Tony.

C

CDW

Looking really good so far, especially like the seat ... very neat :smiling3:

Found a picture of an engine (said it was a S. camel on t'interweb site) with what seem to be two cables coming from what i would assume to be sparking plugs and travelling back into the main unit.

Don't know if it'll help or not

View attachment 42053

View attachment 45435

Clerget3%20(6).jpg

M

mobear

oh hell it has 2 sparkplugs,do you think people will notice? apart from that i`m enjoying this with every bit of imagination and thnx so far for your input makes this really cool

mobear

M

mobear

okay now my wife thinks i`m completley i hate the prop that comes with soppy so ive started to wittle my own here you goView attachment 42069

mobear

ps. in 2 models i have done more now than i ever would have thought about and(no i`m not a carpenter lol)

View attachment 45451

my prop.jpg

D

dubster72

Whittling your own props!! This one will be more home-made than anything else when you're finished with it Ole! but having seen your seat & engine, I'm sure this will be just as good mate.

Cheers

Patrick

S

Sky Raider

Looking good mate, just as i expected. Keep up the good work.

Andy

M

mobear

just been told by the wife that i`m allowed to buy a multitool from the tool box collection,jeez the world will be oyster

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
GO FOR IT...... :grinball1:

Ian M

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ole, I take it that after all this work you are leaving the prop as natural wood .A varnished natural wood wood propelor on the plane will look great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So thats disruptive camouflage al a WWI....

Ian M