Sopwith camel 1/28 by me Ole

C

CDW

Its like the carnival has come to town, you could add a half naked girl on that doing a bit of "wing walking" :smiling3:

Looks dead smart mate, i can imagine the time you nearly swore getting that right :smiling3: :smiling3:

Waiting for the assembled piccies now !!!

M

mobear

thnx guys,well the struts are all wrong and the wheel base has to have a lot of care alterations to make it level,but hey ho.The wife is glad the blue sky is outside so she can sit in it, out of the way of the flack from me lol

mobear

C

CDW

Build a cube, bigger than the plane with dowel or bamboo sticks, attach this to a solid base.

Strap the plane down onto the solid base (drilling two holes in the base and using a cable tie will work fine) and then use elastic bands to hook aver the wings and pull them at what ever strength it takes to get the wings right. (shortening the bands will give more pull, longer bands will provide less etc) you can tie/attach/hook the elastic to any place on the cube struts so you have full control over the situation.

Check quite a few times throughout the drying period and adjust to suit by either twisting the elastic to tighten or stetching it a little to take away the elasticity of the rubber.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Ole. I wouldnt worry too much about the wing problem. Its often frustrating because as you build a model we notice faults that quite frankly no one else viewing the model for the first time would notice. I have often returned to a model many weeks after completion and noticed that all the little things that were a problem during the build were just not noticeable later. If you are that worried about the wings the only I can think is that once you have set the wing level just apply a bit of gentle heat from a hairdryer to coax the plastic into the new shape but be careful. The plane looks great mate.

Steve

M

mobear

thnx steve the problem is the end struts they dont want to go in their desired slots,its roughly 6mm one side ,and 5mm the other side,so i`m between a rock and hardplace on how to rectify it,the jig i will try dry fit first,also using the waxed button thread to do the holding with springs that are home made,so that the pressure is not to great,then if it fails,heat it might be.

mobear

B

Bunkerbarge

I bet there are not many of these kits end up in those colours! What a brilliant and individual looking model.

M

mobear

top wing is now installed dyhedral fixed and thnx andy jig worked,but used super glue to set it quick,then prayed alot.then hay presto its on and i`m happppyyyyyyy:smile1:

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ole , this is simply awesome mate, that paintjob is AMAZING! Glad to hear you got the wings fixed ,really looking forward to seeing the next pics , cheers tony