You should write a book Ron outstanding work :smiling3:

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
You should write a book Ron outstanding work :smiling3: Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2
time permitting obviously Ron .. but if i had your talent I would certainly consider documenting all of the techniques etc and make some lolly ........ cheers lindsey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Gawd luv us...A book?! No time I'm afraid, too busy enjoying life, but thanks for the suggestion chaps.....and the funny posts!!

O.K., yes I know I'm breaking my cardinal rule - no fiddling - but I keep coming back to Andeville and seeing somewhere else where I could add bits, so here it is:-

I've spotted a part that needed something added, 'cos it was too bare. The damaged Auberge wall next to Mr. Hillter's picture, needed something other than a bare wall, so here's what I did...

I had a look at Google Images and found a suitable frontage. This I used as a rough guide. I used the thinnest plastic card you can get. The only addition is a curtain made from a scrap piece of cloth. I also used some scrap plastic to add some raised features to the window and doors.

Here are pictures of the stages, culminating in the finished job. I've added a before picture for comparison.

I hope you like this addition...Let's hope it's the last......??

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 58929

View attachment 58930

View attachment 58931

View attachment 58932

View attachment 58933

View attachment 58934

View attachment 58935

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 211.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 212.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 213.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 215.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 217.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 216.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 209.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

you win this round,goes really well,and thats a cracking front window you made,looks really good

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This just keeps getting better and better.

Where can you buy letraset these days? Cant get it over here.

Ian M

First Name
Aaron
Is that storefront done with card?

Great stuffs.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your very nice posts boys...

Ian, I found my letraset on ebay....it's actually not letraset but another name - which I've forgotten - but it works just as good and sticks down well.

Aaron, yes, it's plastic card - the thinnest you can get - I just cut out the windows from one piece, the overall size of the window/door frame. Then layered pieces of card on top of each other to get the panelled look, and stuck a piece along the top for a miniature canopy. I just kept adding strips of card 'till it looked o.k. and sort of 'lumpy'!

Cheers,

Ron

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just got caught up, sorta, there's so much to see. Lost for words Ron.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Ron that is a great addition,you really do impress Sir! Just when you think it ca'nt get better you raise the bar yet again! Thanks its really motivating to see this kind of skill at work,makes me want to finish my own dio now! cheers Trey

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Of course you now need a nameplate for your shop .......

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic addition mate , looks brilliant . This dio is so authentic looking it could stand on its own , as it is, without any vehicles or figures , the atmosphere of the piece is so powerful ,like the village at Ouradour sur Glane. top class work as always, cheers tony

F

Fenlander

I wouldn't mind if this was 1:35 but 1:72????? Great work as usual Ron, will you ever end this one or will it build into a town, City? Maybe an Eiffel Tower made from coffee stirrers? ;)

Seriously though, stunning work and stunning photography to put the scene in a setting to. The shop window is brilliant!

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there ron - i have run out of superlatives so I will just say:

"that is very nice!!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Of course you now need a nameplate for your shop .......Gern
Dave, before I wriggle out of your suggestion, I want to thank the lads for their great posts. It's good to read that due to all the dioramas on here, members who wouldn't think about having a go at one, are now feeling a sturring in their groins!!!!....and thinking of finally having a bash...That's got to be a good result!

Right David, cop for this.....

It's not a shop any more, but has been converted into a guest house. Hence the 'Auberge' sign on t'other wall, so you aint tripped me up this time!lol..

However, as Cosford is on the horizon and I need more stirrers. I have made an addition just for you....One sign bracket on the wall, unfortunately the blast from the explosion has dislodged the small sign, which you can just see lying on the floor covered in dust - so no need for diddy writing! -Quick thinking eh?

I've also made a small canopy to keep the old codgers out of the sun when sitting on the bench.

I hope you chaps approve of the additions. Blame Dave for one anyway!!

Here's the two pictures:-

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 59000

View attachment 59001

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 219.jpg

'Wait 'til he's on the bridge.' 218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Saber

Thats a great bench I can almost imagine sitting there eating an ice cream :smiling3:

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It's always fun to watch you wriggling Ron, but I gotta say you got out of this one very nicely indeed! :lol

Gern

PS So I'll be taking both Eccles cakes and stirrers to Cosford then?