The Smythemeister's 1/48 ICM Bristol Beaufort Mk.1

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just catching up with this one andy , it seems to have been a bit fiddly but youve got it looking superb , almost there now , cheers tony

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nicely done mate.
Thanks mate, I'm enjoying it :thumb2:
Coming on very nicely Andy!
Cheers Andrew, nearing the home straight now:hugging-face:
Definitely shows how fragile those supports are Andy, you've done a splendid job .
Thanks very much John, yep, fragile and fiddly in equal amounts,but once done, rather satisfying ;)
Well, she's up on her feet and looking stable :thumb2:

Tiny pipes? I probably wouldn't lol
Cheers Andy.... I didn't!!:tongue-out2:
The Beaufort is looking great Andy. The paintwork, the engines and the undercarriage look excellent.
Looking forward to seeing the finished model.
Great stuff
Paul
Much appreciated Paul,it shouldn't be too long now! :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Your doing a smashing job Andy on what seems quite a fiddly kit in places.

It’s looking very nice indeed :thumb2:

Geoff.
Cheers Geoff,it certainly took most of my patience,but it's a superbly manufactured kit imho :cool:
Just catching up with this one andy , it seems to have been a bit fiddly but youve got it looking superb , almost there now , cheers tony
Thanks Tony,will be adding the ancillary bits and, hopefully decals,over the weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished myself :nerd:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Chaps, it's been a manic week workwise so not much bench time was to be had :sad:, however,I have got the turret together,oh I does loik me turrets:tongue-out3:.I'm a bit concerned about removing the masks once it's situated in the fuselage as it's quite delicate,so have decided to do it beforehand....
IMG20231019195416.jpg
IMG20231020190919.jpg
A strange set up really,two Lewis guns,set at 90° to each other :thinking:,
Also,in the previous pictures you can see that I test fitted the engine cowlings,they snap into position perfectly.... only problem is,I don't think I'd be able to get them off again without breaking that rather fragile rim which is just inside....so some rather tricky painting on the horizon!!:loudly-crying:My fault though!!
That's it for now,the next update should be rather more interesting ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just had a catch up and gotta say I'm impressed. Lovely paint job. I agree with John about the undercarriage - fiddly to assemble and fragile when built.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
A strange set up really,two Lewis guns,set at 90° to each other :thinking:,
I was just about to mention that, very odd. Probably done because it takes up less space this way.

BTW, they’re Vickers GO (“Gas Operated”, AKA Vickers ‘K’) guns, not Lewises. Like the Lewis, it had a pannier magazine on the top, though, so they’re easy to confuse.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely job. Would you recommend the model or is it a fiddly bugger? I can’t be bothered with fiddly kits anymore.
As a kit,I would certainly recommend it, excellently molded,and generally a pleasure to build.
Sure there are some rather tricky and delicate assemblies that I struggled with,but that's probably down to me lacking proper skills,(I'm predominantly an armour builder. ;) ),my opinion......
... Go get one :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a catch up and gotta say I'm impressed. Lovely paint job. I agree with John about the undercarriage - fiddly to assemble and fragile when built.
Thanks very much Jim,much appreciated :smiling3:
More nice progress mate
Cheers Mick, it's getting interesting now ;)
I was just about to mention that, very odd. Probably done because it takes up less space this way.

BTW, they’re Vickers GO (“Gas Operated”, AKA Vickers ‘K’) guns, not Lewises. Like the Lewis, it had a pannier magazine on the top, though, so they’re easy to confuse.
Thanks Jakko, didn't realise that about the MGs... You've turned up trumps again mate :smiling3:
If they were both upright then the magazines would clash together.
Pete
Good point Pete, still looks a bit odd though eh?!! :nerd:
Been watching you tackle this one from the sidelines Andy and your making a tidy job of it :cool:
I thought I spotted you at the back there Si!! Thanks mate,and great to see you back around again :thumb2:
... Tbc.....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very neat Andy
Thanks Andy,it turned out better than I expected tbh :smiling3:
You are right to be happy with it mate. It has turned out perfectly.
Cheers Scottie,(Dawg!!),I do love a turret. :smiling3:
Lovely job. Would you recommend the model or is it a fiddly bugger? I can’t be bothered with fiddly kits anymore.
Did you get one yet mate?!! :tongue-out2:
Neat job on the turret andy , the masks worked great , cheers tony
Cheers Tony,I do need those masks... I dread to think of the mess I'd make of that type of thing otherwise!!:astonished:
Just caught up Andy, your doing a cracking job so far.
Thanks Ian, great to see you pop in Sir :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Slight update with this one, some paint around the cowlings and other bits..
.... It's also now on my new,Posh, aircraft stand. :smiling3: ....
IMG20231026183512.jpg
IMG20231026190605.jpg
.... I'm itching to get on with this one now.. dentist in the morning :loudly-crying:, but hopefully in the afternoon I'll get some more done :thumb2: