Trumpteter F4U-1D 'Corsair' 1/32

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hi Steve,It looks like this is going to be another great build.

Francedc
I hope so, and good to see you back :smiling3:

I'm not making any progress at the moment due to pressure of work, and the fact that I'll not be home much for the next ten days or so. Hopefully I can push on after that!

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I hear you Steve, I'm in pretty much the same place myself - loads on.

The progress on the Corsair looks quality and I'm looking forward to the next instalment, when you get a chance.

All the best

Paul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Paul. I got home in the early hours of this morning, very wet having been out on site in what amounted to a tropical deluge at the Olympic Park in London! My pedometer informs me I've been averaging just shy of 30Km per day around the site for the last few days. I'll definitely be getting my feet up but should be able to reboot the Corsair project over the next day or two.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Off and running again, starting with another fiddly bit, the wing fold mechanism.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I found a problem with the instructions which could have been annoying.

The part high lighted here:

Doesn't go there with the wings folded. It goes here:

In fact the entire wing fold assembly will need a bit of attention and maybe strengthening.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's a kit with good detail. Some areas are a little over engineered, but that is mild criticism of what seems a nice kit. I am no expert on the Corsair and can't vouch for its accuracy, but it looks good :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good to me Steve. Nice work so far, looking forward to the next instalments.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Still not finding much time for model making. I have got several sub-assemblies built and have started to fit them to the bigger bits.

Here the port wing folding mechanism and inboard flaps are fitted to the wing centre section.

I already have the other side and the wheel wells ready to drop in so I might just make some progress over the next few days :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

This "somewhere" is a nice place Steve ;)

Looking very good and very interesting to watching as well.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Looking good.I like the engine.
It's a kit within a kit comprising an awful lot of little pieces. Trumpeter do provide a clear cowling which would enable the engine to be displayed but it's not how I like to pose my models. I've sprayed it in a grey primer which means, sadly, most of that detail will not be seen.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
But we know it's there :smiling3:
Indeed Ian! Anyway, you have to have something to attach the propeller to :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Steve

The Corsair is looking the biz. I'm really liking the folding wings I must get one of these in the collection.

Looks fabulous so far and an exacting build, looking forward to the finished thing

Paul