"Which way did they go, tracker?"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have just worked out I haven't used polystyrene glue since the end of October last year!

So I will let myself back in very gently.....

Here's my new mini project. I wanted something a bit different from the norm and spotted this cracking 1/35 set from Master Box...The box art is a bit deceiving because the box actually contains two horses...I would have thought both would have been depicted in the picture....

I'm undecided on the layout. All I have in my mind's eye is a log cabin (poss. burnt out) a waterfall or two, a bit of flat water, some small rapids and a shallow bit for the figures to be crossing, and a river bank. It reads as if it will be big, but I will try and make it very compact, almost vignette size - similar in size to that small Vietnam dio I did.....I might do away with the cabin - I won't know until I start - we'll see. I'll make a start over the w/end and see how things go......

I hope you like this slightly different subject.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 60219

View attachment 60220

Which way tracker. 001.jpg

Which way tracker. 002.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Well Ron - I'm looking forward to seeing this one, if its anything like the last one it should be stunning. I have my front row seat ready and munching on the popcorn while waiting for the curtain to go up.

Cheers

Andy

P

phalinmegob

well i suppose it beats eating them all day......cant wait to see your magic again ron

C

CDW

Being a Native American culture geek, i've looked at this kit loads of times and never actually got round to getting it.

This might just spur me on to grabbing it when i'm next in close proximity to one.

I've grabbed the seat next to Andy and have got a big bucket of popcorn coz he's a bit selfish with his :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

CDW

I used a blanket term "Andy" just to cover bases ....not too sure about sitting in between you both though :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Being a Native American culture geek, i've looked at this kit loads of times and never actually got round to getting it.This might just spur me on to grabbing it when i'm next in close proximity to one.

I've grabbed the seat next to Andy and have got a big bucket of popcorn coz he's a bit selfish with his :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
You better eat all yours Colin before Gern gets here lol

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All this talk of popcorn has made me put a handful in a pan on the stove....Gotta go, I can hear them a'poppin......

Glad to have you along chaps,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
You better eat all yours Colin before Gern gets here lolAndy
Who me?? Naah! You must be thinking of two other fellows.

Gern

P

Polux

Hi Ron!

This looking different! You have all my atention mate!

Cheers

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Me like Kimosabe ! Its very different Ron , I wouldnt be surprised if its not a forum first . The masterbox stuff is just great too and I cant wait to see the base come to life . I can see it now -- Capt Findus on his trusty steed Lasagna and his loyal indian tracker Tesko ! cheers matey tony

J

Jim Scott

Sounds great Ron really looking forward to this one,

Cheers Jim

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking forward to seeing how your "Western" comes together Ron - or

I'll put on my marinos and bat wings, holster mi hawg leg and mosey on to the bunkhouse for some bug juice while the dabster does his thang, no bobbery.

don't blame me got it all here - Western Slang, Lingo, and Phrases - A Writer's Guide to the Old West:cowboy: Yeehaw

tony.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
look forward to seeing this come to life....now crack on

First Name
Chris
I too am looking forward to see what you make of these Ron, nice subject.....bring it on!

Regards

Chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
just sneaked up to my den.....Why? 'cos once a month a handful of heroes from around the emptiness of humanity that exists around here get together and celebrate being in the 'Brown Bottle Club' ....To be a member you have to buy obscure beers that you find in brown bottles and bring them along for sampling once a month, usually in another members garage!!....Mine tonight.....

What I'm really stating is - for obvious reasons - no building until Monday!

But thanks for the very funny, and complimentary posts, none the less.

Ah well, back at it!

Double cheers,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant and very clever posts, all make for great reading...

So get on your milk and drink your horse (J. Wayne)

Here is the 1/35 cavalry scout. My first go at a 'orse. Nice Master Box model, but then in my opinion, all from this company are spot on....First time fit and no flash. Obviously I still have the reigns and proper horse hair to do, but it will do for scaling up.

Now I have a figure to scale the mini diorama with, I will try and figure out just what and where I can fit all the elements into a small as poss. space. At the minute I haven't a clue what is to go where! I just know I want to try and incorporate all the elements mentioned in my opening post....

I will have a root for a bit of polystyrene packing for starters - this will hopefully form the base and is easiliy dug out for the proposed river/stream bed...Then we will see how we get on.

More soon.

Ron

Sorry, the pictures haven't loaded, give me a mo'......O.K., there you go...

View attachment 60318

View attachment 60319

Which way tracker. 003.jpg

Which way tracker. 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Love your river idea Ron.

Will be calm or moved/wild one? I'm imagine it....will be amazing in your hands mate!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks my Spanish buddy, hopefully, it will be straight down, calm, and wild...all rolled into one small space. I think I'm starting to get excited at the prospect of giving this idea a good go......Kiss of death for sure!!

Cheers amigo,

Ron

D

Danny

Makes you fancy a John Wayne movie Ron.... Looking forward to this...I used to paint horse portraits for my local horse racing stable many moons ago... Gonna go look out " The sons of Katy Elder" brilliant film...Now see what youve done !

Danny