Tim’s Airfix 1/35 Austin K2/Y Ambulance .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Andrew. The engine is that colour because that’s the colour Austin painted ‘em…..it’s actually a turquoise colour that the pin wash and oil staining has turned green…..Morris engines were more grass green I seem to remember. Other manufacturers used different colours. No idea why, unless it helps when looking for oil leaks……
As an aside, BMC reconditioned engines (gold seal) were sprayed with a thick gold paint in the seventies and eighties. Made them look even worse than this turquoise when dirty……I seem to recall a Silver seal range as well but I never saw any of them.
I actually like the lump that colour :smiling3: ... adds a bit of character/contrast imo ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry Tim,in all of the interesting conversation earlier I actually forgot to comment on your Katey in my post!!.....
.... Ian is correct...
... It IS looking "lovely" ;)
Don’t expect anything different from you mate…..so easily sidetracked he is…….so what was i saying??

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I actually like the lump that colour :smiling3: ... adds a bit of character/contrast imo ;)
I don’t know for certain they were that colour, but it’s the colour the preservation guys paint theirs. I know my 1974 Austin engine was that colour. The various marque designations were something BMC kept going for a while after the Nationalisation mergers. It all started disappearing in that decade of soulless profiteering called “the eighties”.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
D7A03ECD-F0F7-46CB-856E-784074FEB1F9.jpeg

Slowly plodding on….front assembly finished……just needs the rest of the body parts painted then those big decals and dusting up.

Struggling a bit with it to be honest, worsening RA has sapped my energy and buggered up my fine motor skills. I fully intended to add the wiring for the lights, but am going to go without so I can at least finish her…..

Never mind, infusions start Friday, six hours with a drip in my arm with a follow up dose two weeks later. Hopefully this will finally bring it under control…..best thing is this treatment is supposed to last at least six months, so I may finally get some normality for a while.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking good Tim and hope the treatment works for you. Must be awful having to work with motor skill difficulty.

Wabble

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
All the best Tim. I hope the treatment works really well, you deserve it after the rough times.
Katy looking good :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Tim and hope the treatment works for you. Must be awful having to work with motor skill difficulty.

Wabble
Cheers Richard. It’s not great, but I think I may have to learn to live with it….sometimes they put me on corticosteroids to damp down the symptoms. They work great, but I develop a tremor in my hands at the start of the dose. Thems the breaks I suppose….

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
All the best Tim. I hope the treatment works really well, you deserve it after the rough times.
Katy looking good :thumb2:
Cheers Jim. I hope so too. Too many false dawns now, gets me very down at times.
Looking forward to getting the last of the main paint on so I can get on with the stickers. They are a bit daunting, being so large…..

• Sad
Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
All the best with the treatment Tim, due to phone problems I have not been able to comment much on this great build.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
All the best with the treatment Tim, due to phone problems I have not been able to comment much on this great build.
Thanks Bob. No probs on the lack of comments, just hope you are enjoying it……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice so far.
Should i rush to finish my BW one first? Nah. Because I can take the pictures of yours and greyscale them!

It's not cheating, honest
Cheers Steve. No problem nicking my images either, though there are many much better ones on the net ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim,

Sorry to hear about the RA. Hope the treatment works. Do you know how long it will take to start to take effect?

All the best.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim,

Sorry to hear about the RA. Hope the treatment works. Do you know how long it will take to start to take effect?

All the best.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. Apparently six to twelve weeks, but I’m hoping I will get some benefit earlier than that…..I’m getting a prescription for corticosteroids to be used if it gets out of control in the meantime.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Just catching up Tim and I too hope the treatment finally reduces/rids you of this for good. You're too young for this kind of crap and we need you at the bench. After this great build, we can't wait to see you doing more lawn ornaments my friend. Please take care...

Gute Besserung
Allen