Andrew's 2x 1/72 S-Model Jagdpanthers

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The mesh is a big improvement, I'll have to remember that.

Thanks Andy, it does look good doesn't it!

It comes in different 'counts'....the higher the finer. This was the lowest count the chap I got it from could find.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking at the one piece track and wheels Andrew even I might be tempted, the only downside would be actually seeing it well enought.
Most impressive work , esp on the additions and track cleaning .
Sorry for the late arrival.:crying:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andrew, I didn't catch the name of the mesh product. I wouldn't mind giving it a try in 1-87 scale, as I think it might be a little easier to work with than etched brass. Wouldn't surprise me to find out it's probably a little cheaper also.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andrew, I didn't catch the name of the mesh product. I wouldn't mind giving it a try in 1-87 scale, as I think it might be a little easier to work with than etched brass. Wouldn't surprise me to find out it's probably a little cheaper also.
It's mesh used by the screen printing industry, an idea I'd never thought of until this came up. Available in many different sizes, and of course the US & UK have different standards for measuring it :smiling5:

"screen printing mesh" should open up a whole new rabbit hole to go down lol

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking at the one piece track and wheels Andrew even I might be tempted, the only downside would be actually seeing it well enought.
Most impressive work , esp on the additions and track cleaning .
Sorry for the late arrival.:crying:

Thanks John and no problem. The one piece tracks do make it much easier!

Rick - as Andy said it's print screen mesh...good luck with the hunt!

It's mesh used by the screen printing industry, an idea I'd never thought of until this came up. Available in many different sizes, and of course the US & UK have different standards for measuring it :smiling5:

"screen printing mesh" should open up a whole new rabbit hole to go down lol

Andy - I would love to claim the credit but it was a friends idea.

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all

So I think I will call the build stage done on this.

I have finished off the mesh on the engine decks and added the mesh surrounds. Not perfect but they will do.

I have also added support brackets for the tow cables (these are currently only very loosely fitted). I only have one pair so and so one will eventually go without for the time being. As and when I have to place an order with the shop that stocks them - as I will no doubt have to do at some point - I will add another pair to the cart. I have made sure they can be added in the future.

The additions are meant to be a homage to the Jagdpanther, not exact replicas of specific vehicles - so you will have to forgive me for the inaccuracies.

I will properly attach one of the cables prior to painting, as one picture I have seems to show it was in place when the camo was applied. The other one will get attached after the painting to add a bit of variety/interest

So next up is the primer!

All comments welcome as usual.

All the best.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Andrew.......I have a few of these in the stash. This blog is whetting my appetite to get them out and start a similar "group" build in 1-87 scale! ;)

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Andrew.......I have a few of these in the stash. This blog is whetting my appetite to get them out and start a similar "group" build in 1-87 scale! ;)

Excellent....just a shame the scale is all wrong! :tongue-out3:

Seriously though would be interesting to see what they look like compared to mine.

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Better!.......lol ;) I've been wanting to do one since I found a source for more detailed tracks.....I've also had thoughts of doing an early version as well, but it would require a considerable amount of modification.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks gents and apologies for the belated reply. Your support is much appreciated!

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all and especially for Rick aka @Mini Me.

So sincerest apologies for not being around properly but getting any real time at the bench or on here is proving very difficult.

The good news though is that at last the primer has flown. I was using Vallejo's grey (aka off-white) primer. It was taking so many coats to cover the dark yellow-ish plastic that I ended up adding some black.

As it turned out, it was a bit too much and so was much darker than I wanted but that might help with the top coat, in terms of obtaining a bit of depth in places.

ACW as usual!

Andrew

-------------------------------------------

Looking ok I think....

And as my table is in the kitchen, I need to keep the dust off whilst it dries.....you can imagine my wife's reaction!

And my humble table in AB mode!!
My collapsible booth doesn't come with lights and so I used to use a couple of small lamps to illuminate it but as you can see my new-ish hobby lamp works brilliantly.

The adjustable brightness combined with the slightly diffusing effect of the plastic takes the slightly harsh edge off the light nicely (at least in real life).

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Well, good of you to get back into this little project. That's a nice pair of kitties with their newly primed fur! ;) I shall have to be on my toes if I expect to finish in the running with these two. Mind it's a good thing I didn't start the late version in the same thread as I would probably catch it from the Mods for doubling me pleasure!!:tongue-out3:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well Well, good of you to get back into this little project. That's a nice pair of kitties with their newly primed fur! ;) I shall have to be on my toes if I expect to finish in the running with these two. Mind it's a good thing I didn't start the late version in the same thread as I would probably catch it from the Mods for doubling me pleasure!!:tongue-out3:
Thanks Rick!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

Just a short update to prove that Dunkelgelb has flowed from the AB, albeit in a rushed shot.

I think I have managed to get some subtle tonal variation but will have to wait for the paint to dry properly first. The lighting/rushed shot makes it look a bit darker than it actually is in really life.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Oi !!.... Ya missed a bit!!:tears-of-joy:
.... Seriously though,those ickle Jagds really are looking the part Andrew:thumb2:....
.... Although you have to remember I am extremely biased as these are among my favourites of ALL afvs :cool:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Oi !!.... Ya missed a bit!!:tears-of-joy:
.... Seriously though,those ickle Jagds really are looking the part Andrew:thumb2:....
.... Although you have to remember I am extremely biased as these are among my favourites of ALL afvs :cool:

Thanks Andy....I have indeed missed a bit......on purpose honestly! :tongue-out3: It's just a shame that they didn't do the outside wheels as separates. It would have made the whole track/suspension process a whole lot easier!

And like you their one of my favourite AFVs too....there is no mistaking what they're designed for!

Thanks for stopping by.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Andy, are you going camo or leaving 'em yellow? ;)