B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

T

treyzx10r

Alex ,Derek thanks!

Peter thank you as well,appreciate that. I would geuss over 80 hrs into by now and hate to think about how many more to go!

Not much to report in,painting the bomb sight and forward controls. cheers Trey

T

treyzx10r

The sights are mounted,almost forgot to put the windows in before hand! I had to do some fine sanding to get the windows in place due to the resin,the gun window had to be razor sawed apart to fit.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb work Trey. Glad you remembered to put the glazing in, would have been a real pain otherwise.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great detail Trey. Looking forward to the next set of photos.

T

treyzx10r

Joe thanks,yea was just starting to mount the sights and spotted the windows just in time!

Vaughan,James thank you both!

I'm moving aft again with the gun turret assemblies and the other side mounted 50's. Ordered a Verlinden set to upgrade it a bit

Also some brass barrels. These are really nicely made and are quite impressive considering how tiny those cooling jackets are!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work as ever Trey. But was just wondering - with all of this resin and PE going in, how heavy is this going to be when finished ?

M

mobear

trey this is looking mighty brilliant loving the attention to detail mate,and yes i`m watching from afar lol,keep it up

T

treyzx10r

Colin thanks! Thats a good question,really have no idea about the weight! Hopefully it wo'nt be too much for the gear to support!

Ole thank you!

Cut off the plastic barrels and drilled holes for the metal ones

I added some ammo cans for a little more detail.

Not a lot of this will be seen once its buttoned up just had to add a little something to the otherwise stark assembly. Looking at photos of the real turret it was quite busy in there and rather tight,nothing compared to the close quarters in the ball turret of course.

Test fit looks good

on to the ball turret next!

M

mobear

they look really nice and the turret is really good also

mobear

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
THIS IS BIGGGG!! Looking great Trey, some very nice work going into this mate. Just pull my chair up for the rest of this build.

Have fun, John

T

treyzx10r

Ole,John thanks!

This is a productive day in the build as the sub assemblies start to fall in place! The major components are installed and once the tail gunner area is squared away I can button this bad boy up!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cool there is a Hugh pile of patience in that !

Almost a shame to hide it all away.

IanM

M

mobear

thats astonishing mate,cant you make clear plastic panels so the interior is on show,apart from that its WOW

mobear

First Name
Andy
\ said:
thats astonishing mate,cant you make clear plastic panels so the interior is on show,apart from that its WOWmobear
Hi Trey,

I'm with Ole, is there anyway you could get some clear side's made, or even have a cut away side, it would be a huge shame to hide everything after all the work and details you have done...

Andy...

First Name
Gregg
Ditto, all that patience and work sealed away for good!

I'm sure with your skills you could make it so it could be dismantled to view.

Gregg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pure quality Trey, this is going to be something special!

Interior detail is exceptional and I'm sure whatever you choose to do the finished model will be superb.

Cheers

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Fellas reailly is motivating to get all the positive input! I really wish there was a way to make the interior more visible without compromising the exterior , this just is'nt in the cards for the time given and budget allowed for this build. We did decide to put some fibre optic lighting inside to at least give a chance for some of the detail to still be seen once its buttoned up. Hope it pays off ,if not we still have before pics right? I've gotten the nav desk and seat in place,used the kit part for the desk top and cut it down to size.. Will start on the tail gun position next.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You should get some of these pics printed for your friend Trey. Then, when he shows this off to his friends, he'll be able to show them just how much work a build of this quality involves.

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic work Trey. I like Dave's idea. A sort of souvenir booklet of the build.