B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this Trey with me being away and it's comeing along very nicely, great work on the turrets the whole insides look truely stunning and not long now to be locked away, such a pity but we all know whats in there and what work as gone into it

M

mobear

Trey the jealousy is ripping out of me,truly inspiring work mate,shame about locking it all away though

mobear

First Name
Jason
Wow! Incredible! Truly an inspiring build. Thank you for sharing.

Jason

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Trey........... That is absolutely awaesome ............ and really such a tradjedy to lock all that detail up.

Totally in awe.

Peter

C

Caledonia

The master of fine detail rides again my friend - fabulous work Trey. Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

Just caught up with you Trey. I didn't realise how big this was. Stunning work as usual mate.

Andy

First Name
Gregg
I dont know if this will be of any interest Trey.

While trawling e-bay tonight I found this.

Item No: 370837908951 Monogram 1/48 Visible B17G, and it is in the USA.

Gregg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Dave thank you,yes the photo's will be a key part of documenting the inside for the final display.

Joethank you and yes I agree without the photos of the interior it would be a missing feature,hopefully the fibre optic lighting will help some.

Ole

Jason

Peter

Derek

Andy

Thank all of you very much for your continued support with the kind words it really does help keep me motivated!

Gregg thank you as well,we discussed the option of the clear fuse half and decided it was 'nt going to be what we wanted for this project. Thanks all the same for the link!

I started the tail gunner section and the kit supplied parts are ,well nill really. I used some sheet styrene and scratched the 'seat' if you could call it that.

After the paint dried it went together really quick

Using the Eduard seat belts really made the assembly stand out

the completed unit ready for instal

I used some balsa sheet for the floor planking and 'stained' it with thinned enamels. The ammo boxes and twin 50's are more of the resin goodies and the belts will be added later. I also opened the access door and will need to scratch a replacement .

More .50's will be added next and I will tackle the dreaded pe ammo feed chutes,cheers Trey

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Joe

Finally got some bench time and added the seat belts and got the 50's ready to mount up

Hoping to get the 5O's in place with ammo belts attached this week,cheers Trey

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very, very good Trey! This is one detailed interior!

paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Amazing, mind boggling craftsmanship and attention to detail.......Trey, this is one class build.

Ron

T

treyzx10r

Paul,Ron,Colin thank you all kindly,thankfully not a lot more detail to go!

Bench time again at last and while waiting on my PE bend tool to arrive decided to work on tires & props. First the Eduard resin wheels

Typical quality Eduard castings requiring very little effort to clean up

Nice that it comes with pre-cut masks

The kit props are decent enough so went with them,after cleaning and sanding they will do nicely

applied grey to the tips to make the yellow easier to cover

Wheels ready to roll

The PE bender arrived today and although I've not had a chance to try it out yet it looks and feels well up to the job. Picked it up on Evil Bay for $55 shipped. Came with the hard plastic benders and has springs in between the base and Mandril,more to come on this later. Cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff Trey, those wheels and tyres and propellers all came out very nicely.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Joe!

Time for another update(finally). Decided to tackle the ammo chutes and after a miserable attempt with the pe ones decided to use the old tried and true zip ties instead.

After a lot of heating, bending,twisting and test fitting I finally came out with a useable set for each gun station

While the paint dries on the chutes I dealt with the waist gun windows

Next the final fitting of the chutes. This was a process and tested my patience to no end. The hardest was the port nose gun position as the chute ca'nt be attached until the fuse halves go together. It has to lign up just right and it did'nt want to cooperate. I finally cut it in 2 sections and attached a small portion to the reciever and left the other to be glued in place as the fuse halves join up.

Waist guns were'nt as bad

Finally the Tail gun position

The radio op gun and chute will go in as one assembly with the top window later

Just some final tweaks and small details to add and the fuse joining will commence! cheers Trey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Trey, I reckon I write for a whole bunch of people who are following this and thinking the same....Once the model is complete, there's just got to be a way to show the truly amazing interior work you have done.....You just can't button it up for good!

Removable panels, miniature magnets...I don't know, but please don't loose all the good work you have accomplished......

Give it some serious thought, for all our sakes!lol

Ron

M

mobear

this is insane,truly inspired work,and the ammo belts`WOW`cool idea and the look is fantastic,thnx for the piccies

mobear