B-17G Flying Fortress 'Miss Demeanor' 1/48 Monogram

C

CDW

\ said:
there's just got to be a way to show the truly amazing interior work you have done.....You just can't button it up for good!
I agree, is there anyway you could fit it into a workshop diorama with all the panels lying around and a few figures milling about.

Or doesn't the aircraft come to bits like that in real life?

I'm not big on flying things as you know

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Outstanding Trey........... Absolutely outstanding.

Peter

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I agree with everyone else and it seems criminal to lose all of your great work on this once its put together

S

Sky Raider

Ill think of something to say when I pick my jaw up off the floor!!!!!

Andy

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nothing to add, this is top shelf work and a real masterpiece Trey.

T

treyzx10r

A Bomb? Were you expecting one?

The long awaited final tweaks have been added and its almost time to close the Fuse up! A bitter sweet conclusion for me as I share all of your same wishes of still being able to see all of the detail. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have planned something from the start to make this possible. My big fear would be doing more damage to the detail than would be worth the risk at this point. So with a heavy heart I will entomb the detail ,lots of pictures will be taken however so do'nt hate on me too much please.

A

andyrobs

Amazing detailing trey, I wish I had a fraction of your talent and dedication!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic detailing trey! Are you going to do it as a cutaway to show it off ? I remember the old Tamiya catalogues of the late seventies /early eighties , where the centre had a few pages of models and dios by charles verlinden . Often he would do a cutaway on the tanks to show the interior , outlining the cut outs with red , it looked very effective . cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Wow, I am sure the pictures don't do all your fantastic work justice Trey. Cheers Derek

C

CDW

Your going to stick it together never to be seen again?

That's a real shame considering the time and expert finish you've got to the detailing.

I'm going to hold a minutes silence out of respect :smiling3: :smiling3: :

M

mobear

you cant shut it up trey!!!!!!!no no no nooooooooooooo,its too lovley for that,its like having a harley from the 70s and never see it on the road just in a garage,a big no no lol

mobear

ps no pressure

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Trey, Like the rest have said pit to close it up but needs must, but I'm also sure the outside will be just as well detailed as inside so still plenty of work to do and great work to watch Mate

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The photos will make for a nice build magazine at the end, all that detail, while you probably won;t see a lot of it once she's zipped up, it's there and nothing has been skimped on. Superb modelling, look forward to the exterior story next Trey.

T

treyzx10r

Dave,Andrew thank you both.

Tony ,I know what you mean about the cutaway and had I planned ahead for it it might have been a possibility. Thanks for the idea and kind words all the same.

Colin thanks and yes it will be entombed shortly.

Ole hate to bum you out but its just got to be,at least it wo'nt leave a puddle on the shop floor like the old AMF HD's tho;)

Ian, Joe thanks as well. I too am looking forward to doing the exterior equal justice as the inside got! And so it beginsThe wings are up next ,starting with the turbo units. The resin upgrades are nicely molded and will really add to the underside detail. First I have to cut away the molded in kit units. I dremeled the inside first to thin the join areas then using a fresh #11 blade cut away the turbos

Next I added some scrap bits of sheet styrene to support the new turbo units

Cleaned up the resin parts and after test fitting I added some pilot holes and inserted stretched sprue for a sturdier glue joint to the tubes

Then another final test fitting

I then set to adding the pe bits

The finished units in place,they wo'nt be glued in until the very end after painting

Ruger is totally excited about it all,some guard dog huh?

B

BigZimmo

Wow, wow, wow........Trey, you should make a TV show...."Pimp my Fortress-Kit"......I'm very excited!!!!

Cheers

Stefan :D

:respect2:

T

treyzx10r

Moving on to the wings I dealt with the intake areas using some sheet styrene . I really could'nt stand the thought of paying the high dollar for a resin Paragon kit on evil bay. Took about an hour a wing to make the mods so it was'nt too hateful.

I used the inside curve of the wing to mark a template

After some trimming and sanding got a decent fit

Then added the top covers

The finished mods look the part and I saved some dollars to boot

Cheers Trey

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Trey, just goes to show with a bit of ingenuity and initiative we can modify most things with the materials we have laying around.

First Name
Dave
Some great work going on here.The resin superchargers are a big improvement on the originals.