How's your Aircraft Recognition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Lower air brake to slow the aircraft down,not adviseable to take off with it hanging down as one pilot did,by the way the R.A.F nickname for the Tucano is the 'Meccano' due to its rather complex construction and lack of servicing hatches,not popular with fitters.

D

duncan

Jeez it is very small . wonder what the speed differential is deployed and not deployed.

W

Wowbagger

Duncan, that's two you've got right. :yeahbaby:

Are you gonna post a pic' then, or what? :confused:

D

duncan

: I`m computer duffer, but I`ll get a whiz-kid to help . I`ve got a beauty coming, ideal modelling subject... a colourful biplane:thumbs:

D

duncan

Waco Cabin ? If it is, dont forget it is pronounced "walk-oh" not "way-coe"as in Waco , Texas. They were made in Ohio I think . Mostly biplanes dont know if they did a monoplane. Any good? :music_whi

Last edited:
K

Kiwi

You'r on the right track, its just the manufacturer thats letting you down. Have another go?

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
How about Transavia !! now where did I get Transland from Neville ?

D

duncan

You`ve got me stumped mate. Very Harvard looking front end(with Hamilton CP prop?). Still on the agricultural theme are we ? Is it a beefed-up Stearman or Waco war surplus job ?:dontknow:

K

Kiwi

Like Barry with the previous one you are in the right ball park. a total of 76 of the family were built, I'll give the pair of you another day or so (or until I find some more of my albums)

Nev

D

duncan

A Wirraway duster ? Come on Barry help me...! The big bipe, is it a pre Ag Cat Grumman something , before they made it really ugly ?

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Sorry, The Australian Transavia Airtruck , among other differences, is powered by a Continental IO- 540. While you're working on it have a think about this.
*** Is that a Stearman with Ag Cat wings and P & W powerplant ?

Still working on the other,Ag aircraft can be real teasers Kiwi.

Status
Not open for further replies.