Junkers Ju87B-2 ‘Stuka’ Scale 1/24

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm with Polux on canopies, particularly the parts that were fixed to the aeroplane (ie didn't slide). By attaching them prior to painting any necessary filling can be done to blend in the contiguous part(s) and the paint work and varnishes will be uniform. Particularly in larger scales adding the parts later can make them look, well, stuck on :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Hi all.

I’m worried guys.... :smiling3: maybe this plane is changing me...? I am only building this one now, and isn’t habitual on me, because I always have four or five models on the way at same time..... O_o

OK....after this “profound” comment... :D :D :D the life still on.

I have done exactly the same steps like on the lower side.

I have mixed the two primers and add some drops of satin varnish / a subtle preshade / an aluminium coat / subtle weathering with mixed aluminium and umber brunt colours / final enamel green wash.

Tomorrow I will start to mask the first part of the colour camo....:rolleyes:

Thanks

View attachment 87060

DSC_0362.JPG

P

Polux

Yep! :smiling3:

I have started to draw the camouflage on the upper side, but...ouch!!! I have finish the tape mask :sad: tomorrow I cannot start to paint it !!

The “X” is just to remember me where I must to mask the second colour :P

View attachment 87117

I don’t want to stop, so an option is the exhausts.

Mmmm....there is something annoys me, on naked eye there is a more general “silvering” effect....., this paint work need something else.....maybe a filter or wash once dry? I took as reference the Steve's photos :smiling3:

View attachment 87118

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0372.JPG

L

Laurie

\ said:
I'm with Polux on canopies, particularly the parts that were fixed to the aeroplane (ie didn't slide). By attaching them prior to painting any necessary filling can be done to blend in the contiguous part(s) and the paint work and varnishes will be uniform. Particularly in larger scales adding the parts later can make them look, well, stuck on :smiling3: Cheers

Steve
In general terms I agree Steve. But on the Merlin Helicopter I decided to fix afterwards as all seemed to look good on dry fixing. Like a lot of things in Model Making ( and life in general) often best to follow rules or not to follow rules depending on circumstances. If that makes sense !

Laurie

First Name
Jason
That's looking fantastic Polux! The exhausts look excellent but I get what you mean, I think they could benefit from a wash.

keep it up mate:smiling3:

Jason

T

Tone M

Looking grand Polux!

Hope you pick up some masking tape soon.... I can't wait to see it painted! ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
More great work from the maestro :smiling3: I'm loving this build mate it makes me want to do mine every time you post something new

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Polux, cannot wait ti see the camo go down ,very nice :rolleyes:

B

Bunkerbarge

I sometimes think you put more effort into the base metal colours than a lot of us put into the top coat!!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great Polux. Not sure about the colour of the exhaust stacks, I think they may have been black?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Not sure about the colour of the exhaust stacks, I think they may have been black?
They would have started life black and would theoretically been maintained with a product not unlike the stuff that used to be used to black stoves in the old days. Whether that would have continued on a muddy field in Russia is a moot point.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

\ said:
More great work from the maestro :smiling3: I'm loving this build mate it makes me want to do mine every time you post something new
Thanks Alan, I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

When you expect to start your mate ?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I would darken them as they would originally have been blacked. I use a metallic grey/black as a base rather than black black (if you know what I mean) as that would be a factory fresh look.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks Alan, I'm glad you like it :smiling3: When you expect to start your mate ?
Well it was going to be after I finish the little build I'm on now but I just ordered a destroyer from Babylon 5 so all large builds are on hold until that arrives :smiling3:

P

Polux

Good night to all!

I need some different things.....my bench is empty :sad: , so I will try to search a moment, and do a little travel to the city for mask tape, paints and other items.

That means I will be some days without doing nothing on that one.....:confused:

I have try a new colour on the exhausts, but.... by the moment I will leave them.......so much noise for a simple exhausts :P

Thanks!! Hope this week I can return at work again :smiling3:

View attachment 87179

DSC_0374.JPG