Scotties Airfix M3A1 Scout car.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Oh Thank God !! Does this mean you're going to switch back to the waterboarding, or perhaps just the battery cables Sir ? Finally... !!!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'm not sure if you have anything that makes you more susceptible Paul, but cramp (in layman's terms) is quite often as simple as dehydration. If you find drinking more water doesn't help, electrolytes could well be the answer.

The build however, is beyond my words.
True, very true, wet fingers in the plug socket gets your attention every time and straightens your hair..... electrolite works every time, or is that electricity....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm not sure if you have anything that makes you more susceptible Paul, but cramp (in layman's terms) is quite often as simple as dehydration. If you find drinking more water doesn't help, electrolytes could well be the answer.

The build however, is beyond my words.
Cheers Jack, touch wood I have been fine since so yes you could be right it might have been a simple bit of dehydration. Glad you like the build so far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
True, very true, wet fingers in the plug socket gets your attention every time and straightens your hair..... electrolite works every time, or is that electricity....
I don't think I will get you to wire up my house mate.
I got myself some electrolytes, them candles where rubbish, couldnt see nothing .
I am beginning to seriously wonder about the sanity of this group lol.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think the main build is now there. The armoured screen has been made and fitted, I'm not to worried about the hinges as most of it will be hidden when the stowage gets loaded on.DSCF4182.JPG

Next the radio was added from an etch set with a scratched headset and microphone. The other cables will be added when the antenna is fitted.

DSCF4183.JPG

The gun rail was scratched and added what a pain that was. It's not exactly the right contour but it's near enough for me.

DSCF4185.JPG

Finally the wheels had the valves fitted.

DSCF4186.JPG

Next is to start on the pioneer tools and other external details.

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some of the junk is being added from a selection of sources. The jerry cans are from the Tamyia allied vehicle set the holders from an etch set the straps on the canvas buckets are masking tape. The pioneer tools are from the spares box and the etch from an after market set from the spares draw.

DSCF4187.JPG

DSCF4188.JPG

It's getting very close now to the thing I am dreading and that is adding a lot of tie downs.

cheers
Scottie

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Can’t get enough of the detail… just utterly FANTASTIC!!!

Reactions: JR

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Tie downs - get a set of the Aber ones, that will be half the job done..

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have added the light guards from etch and brass plus the cable into the light itself. Having a play adding stowage and checking it for look. It comes from Red Zebra and is beautifully cast. It's only held on with blue tack at the moment. The jerry cans come from the Tamyia Allied set.

DSCF4189.JPG

DSCF4190.JPG

DSCF4191.JPGDSCF4192.JPG

The stowage will be tied on later.